All reviews outdoor pool health club ping pong large hotel cocktail hour third floor rehearsal dinner main lobby hot tub this past weekend wedding gym tavern ct jennifer retreat bathtub
Reviewed September 4, 2018

We just went here for our team's retreat, and it was the perfect location! From the conference room amenities, to the soothing spa, gorgeous indoor & outdoor pools, and the beautiful hiking trail just a few minutes down the road - it was a great escape from the city!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2018

Exceptional service from the minute we arrived. When we asked to switch our room with the parking lot view, Christian at the front desk was quick to find us a room w/a beautiful view of the river & golf course. The room amenities were quite nice & spacious, we had by requested a refrigerator & microwave. Some common areas could use updating, the halls, a little musty but cool, breakfast room dark & dated. Overall it had everything one could need, golf, beautiful indoor and outdoor pools, gym with a good selection of new equipment & great classes. The location is great for outdoor activities, hiking, boating & swimming. We love the deli for breakfast, the tavern food for dinner was excellent, the service everywhere was superb! I took classes from Khim who runs the spa & was filling in, Her friendliness & knowledge of not only health & fitness but the area in general was very welcoming. My husband & I plan to come back soon & frequently, I didn’t get a chance to visit the spa this time, but I plan to next visit!
I’m not able to enter below but for service, sleep quality & rooms I give a 5 rating!

Room Tip: Golf course view
Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Devin B, Front Office Supervisor at Heritage Hotel, Golf, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Thank you for your kind review! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. It's definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. We will be sure to let Christian and Khim know they made an impact during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon! Safe Travels!

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I recently stay at the Heritage Hotel. It was disappointing. It is in serious need of updating. Old musty carpet, and a bathroom from the 1960’s. The mattress had seen better days too. We did like the bar though and due to extremely limited amenities in the immediate area, we had dinner in the bar. We didn’t expect much but it was surprisingly good. The staff in the bar were very friendly and helpful, unlike the front desk and maintenance crew. Our AC went out the first day. After we reported the thermostat was displaying “ERR,” all the maintenance guy did was change it to “OFF.” It still did not work and it was in the high 80s outside. Our room did have a lovely view of a huge compressor on the roof right outside our window, maybe 10 feet away. Lovely. Finally, for some reason, there is a $35 per day resort fee. This place is not a resort in any sense of the word. One thing included in this so-called resort fee was the use of the “business center” which was just two computers sitting on tables and NO printer. All in all, obviously we will not be going back. I would give this place 2 STARS except for the bar staff.

1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed August 26, 2018

Most aspects of our stay were positive but the musty odor in the common areas of the hotel were so strong that it was almost cause for me to request to leave. Also, there was a high school reunion held at the hotel. While the restaurant was not officially closed to other patrons, my daughter and I felt like we were "crashing" a private party when we dined there since we were essentially the only non-reunion guests. If I had known about that in advance, I would have chosen another place to dine. The room was clean. All staff were friendly, efficient and accommodating. I enjoyed use of the outdoor pool area and complimentary yoga class.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank lisabisceglia
Aylin D, Assistant Front Office Manager at Heritage Hotel, Golf, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I have passed on your comments to the rest of the team regarding the lobby and public areas. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, they will be happy to hear them. We hope you will visit us again and allow us to provide you with a wonderful experience.

Warmest Regards,

Aylin Destan

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here last night. The bed is so comfortable I’m writing my review from it! You must see the vineyard! It’s beautiful and romantic. The gym is really awesome too! Great equipment- everything you could want! Room service breakfast is a must!! Will definitely be back :)