All reviews outdoor pool health club ping pong large hotel cocktail hour third floor rehearsal dinner main lobby hot tub this past weekend wedding gym tavern ct jennifer retreat bathtub
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Heritage Hotel for a friend’s wedding. They’ve really made some great improvements to the property with the recent renovations. We were at this property about 3 years ago for another wedding and I hardly recognized the facility.

There is an entire new wing of guest rooms and a beautiful indoor and outdoor pool area. The fitness area is better equipped than the gym I pay a membership to attend. It is not what you expect at a hotel.

We were very pleased with the improvements to the property.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2018

Stayed here for a nearby wedding, much better than the chain hotels in the area. Room was nicely done, recent renovation I believe. Used the gym which is also a publ;ic fitness center but no one was there, nice equipment. Pool, however, was packed, mostly travellers probably all there for weddings. Had dinner in the bar and it was excellent and reasonable, decent beer selection, even a piano player, although he was too young to know many songs. In the morning went to the nearby cafe and it was great! Grabbed some lunch food too. Excellent and cheap. Downside was the golf next door. A nine hole layout that was in the worst condition I've seen all year. Horrible upkeep

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank DrWillie
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Booked a 2 night stay here for 3 main reasons.
1. Had a hot tub
2. Had indoor / outdoor pools
3. Was close to Quassy park

I arrived late. About 8pm. The front clerk woman was on the phone. I get that but I would have liked her to at least look up at me, give me some eye contact or a head nod. This still didn’t happen even after her continuing to be on the phone for roughly 10minutes. Very frustrating!

When I entered it wasn’t very obvious how to get around and find anything. Had to ask the front clerk how to get to the pool, gym, breakfast. Usually places have a signs or map in the room of the lay out. This place does not.

That night I went to go straight to the hot tub steam room and sauna. Was so exited to have all 3 in one hotel! Get into the indoor pool area and spot the hot tub. It’s so nice and large ! Go to dip my toe in and that’s when I notice it’s not even full
At that point there were no signs up indicating this though the next day there was one on the door and one near the hot tub. I went to the sauna and steam room but they were just ok. Neither one as hot or steamy as I’d like.

Figured I’d just go back to my room and take a nice hot bath. Nope! Just a shower stall No tub ! So very unhappy.i knew I was going to have a stressful trip and really wanted the relaxation.

Next morning I go to grab some coffee from near the front desk. They were out. Hey it was 9:45 am figured everyone else was up before me, no worries. Told the front desk person and she said she would take care of it. I asked. Where I could get food and coffee she indicated where to go. Off I went. Walked in and it was a buffet. Nothing major. I’ve seen larger Buffett’s at Spring Hill Suites Marriotts but I went and got my coffee and scrambled eggs and sat down. After about 5 minutes from sitting down was when I saw there was staff. No one came near me or said anything. A while after being finished a server finally came over and asked if I had a ticket? Nope. Did I get breakfast included with my stay? I don’t really know did I ? She asked me my room number and never came back. Figured I was good. Went to go head out but swung back by the front to get another cup of coffee. 40 minutes later and still no coffee! But the way it was the same thing the following morning but that was at 6:45 am. Another guest was patiently sitting waiting for the front desk clerk she informed to get it refilled and that was 15 minutes prior.

The pools were good and over all the hotel was nice. I’d say on the scale of a 3 star hotel definitely not 5 star or resort quality.

By the way I got charged $15 for my 2 scrambled eggs and coffee from the cheap buffet.

I will say it’s nice to have ping pong tables pool table and air hockey. They also have a mini arcade that has about 3 video games. Two of which ate my money.

Between the service, broken hot tub and no bath tub add on top of that resort fees and charges for buffet I wouldn’t stay here again. I can go to a Fairfield Inn, town suites or SpringHill suites and get just as much probably more for less money!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank sff1269
Reviewed July 29, 2018

We come up here very often, over six times a year. The rooms are nice, and the place has been redone. The outdoor pool is great and they have an unbelievable fitness center. There's also an indoor pool. This is not to say that there isn't room for improvements. I'd prefer that the bathrooms have shower stalls rather than tubs.

The people who work at the front desk are spectacular. I've worked with Megan many times and she makes me feel welcome and is always accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

We recently booked 30 rooms for a family wedding. The reception was not at Hetitage but all of our out of town guests stayed there and we had the rehearsal dinner and breakfast there the day after the wedding. The facility is great and reasonably priced. Rustic setting with pool, fitness center, restaurants, golf and tennis. We heard no majior complaints from our guests and all had a great time when using facilities. We even had a great time in the lounge where many of us went after the wedding. The only recommendation I would make is that some of the carpet needs replacing throughout the facility. It is past the point really of just maintenance. My wife and I plan to come bsck for an overnight purely to enjoy the wide range of facilities they have.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family