Heritage Hotel, Golf, Spa & Conference Center
Newbury Inn(Brookfield)
$75
$73
$70
La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury(Danbury)(Great Value!)
$110
All reviewsoutdoor poolhealth clubping pongconference centerlarge hotelcommon areas arecocktail hourthird floormain lobbyhotel barrehearsal dinnerthis past weekendfront desk staffnew englandexercise roomweddinggym
Reviewed March 4, 2009

The Heritage was the perfect escape that I needed! Me and a group of friends needed a vacation away from it all, and the Heritage gave us just that. We booked a rate that included breakfast and a spa service. The spa was fantastic, the breakfast was hot, especially liked the omelette bar! The pool was crowded when we wanted to swim, but we waited in the hot tub until it cleared up; no problem there. There was also a convention going on downstairs, the lobby was alive with excitement, but the service didn't drop at all. Service all around the property was GREAT! No request was too much for the front desk, even booking us dinner reservations and driving us to Woodbury. The property was a little difficult to find, set back in the woods, but once we got there there wasn't a problem the whole time!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2009

My girlfriend of one year wanted to do something special this year so last minute I booked a room at the Heritage Hotel (upon a family member's recommendation). The hotel is beautiful. Away from the noise of the highway and city life, we could really relax. We had dinner at the restaurant on site - my prime rib was perfect and my girlfriend really enjoyed her meal as well. We had a bottle of champagne waiting for us when we got into the room, and it was very clean. The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. Also, the pub downstairs was the perfect place to unwind and watch the NBA All-Star game.

Overall, I give our stay a 9 1/2. The only reason that it was not a 10 is our iron in our room spit water, so getting ready took a little longer than expected.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Typically we enjoy local hotels, B&B's and such to get a feel for the area...First impressions of the Heritage Hotel - sorta worn out and dark. The front desk staff was less than friendly during check in and our rooms were not what we had requested. We had a two night stay with two rooms.
The rooms are old (70-80's) and very dated, but overall clean (except for the spider in the tub). This is not a "resort" but more like a local hotel that is in need of a complete update. Staff woke us up to clean the room and the hallways are noisy as well.
Restaurants are average at best and service there is also spotty. Waited over 40 minutes for a hamburger and there was only one other table being served at the pub.
Not a great experience and will look for another hotel in the area.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jsk44
annemessios, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, Golf, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2009

We apologize for your experience. We are currently replacing the furniture in the suites with new furniture over the next year. Please come back and visit us so we can personalize your stay.

Reviewed December 30, 2008

My only daughter wanted a unique wedding and was looking for something different. Always wanting more, she looked at this resort for a getaway wedding only a short drive from Brooklyn,NY.
She priced some local catering halls in NY and found that she could book the main dining room, the garden for her ceremeony and overnight accommodations for her guests for less than the NY prices. The staff here was excellent, food fantastic and rooms very comfortable.The activities on the grounds offered her guests more than the average wedding. This place is a 'one-of-a-kind' gem in Connecticut!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2008

My husband and I had to be at the Heritage Hotel for an engagement party last night, and after having our gps send us in the completely opposite direction, we finally arrived at the hotel.
The front desk was a bit difficult to locate at night, and after finding it
we checked in. Not sure how to rate the front desk, they were neither friendly nor unfriendly. Just humans present.
As I walked to my room, I noticed the pool below. Didn't get a chance to get in, but it looked really good, and people seemed to be having a great time.
Our room was a king sized, clean, spacious, and nicely decorated. The bathroom had Bath and Body Works products, and the towels were nice and clean. I was pleased with it.
When I got into bed, not only did it look good. It also felt good. It has a memory foam on top the mattress which made it so comfy that I just went straight to sleep, and boy, did I get a good sleep!
I am now really thinking of purchasing a memory foam for my own bed at home.
If I ever feel for a relaxing getaway, I'll definitely go back. The wait staff seemed wonderful, and the food was good.
The total cost for the night (taxes included) was $110