“Unbelievable”
Review of Heritage Hotel

Heritage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Southbury
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife and I came to the hotel for a wedding and we were pleasantly surprised by how great the staff was. When we checked in the front desk staff were a little rude so we weren't expecting much at the wedding but we were overwhelmed by the high level of service that was received. Being in the business myself for thirty years I was impressed with the banquet staff and how wonderful they were. The manager Kristy was a true professional and took care of all of our needs and went above and beyond and kept the wedding running perfectly. Dan and John are amazing and we had a lot of fun with them. The only negative parts of our stay were the front desk staff, the rooms were a little worn and dated and the food at the wedding and breakfast the next day was far from good. Overall, a good stay and I would highly recommend people to book a banquet there, it will be a memorable experience due to the staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mark J
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m glad you enjoyed the great service our banquet staff offers – Kristy and her team are wonderful! However, I am sorry your experience with our front desk staff was not up to the level of hospitality we expect to offer. As with all of our guests’ comments, we will review your notes with the team to help with our training procedures. We are excited about our renovation plans to update the hotel – perhaps we will see you again to show off all our improvements!

All the best,

Scott

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Generally speaking, the hotel reminds one of the typical old country hotels which one can also see in the movies. Very nice and green surroundings.
Breakfast was so so, ok, but nothing to talk about. Many staff are nice and helpful.
On the negative side, the sometimes the front desk staff was mostly surprisingly rude. Small example: We had booked two nights. On arrival they did not find my booking for the second night. Therefore we checked into the room and I went, with the email confirmation for the second night, downstairs again to double check. This time our booking was confirmed, though by someone who did not bother to either look up or speak in full sentences. "You're ok".
The room was not very soundproof, which does not bother me but might bother people who sleep less sound.
Everything has a slightly worn - out feeling to it, from the door handles to the bathroom faucets. The Gym is a very cramped affair, with no natural light, only fluorescent lights.
The hotel seems to be mostly catering to senior citizens.
Overall, an ok hotel which could be much better.

Room Tip: Do not take the rooms at the end of a hallway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank CKober
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for your review and your comments regarding the hotel itself. We are excited to be planning renovations throughout the hotel which will address some of your concerns. Thank you also for your comments regarding our front desk staff; we use all such comments to help with our continuous training procedures.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had the opportunity to spend four nights at the Heritage Hotel in Southbury, CT. What a lovely place. The rooms were clean and the beds were great. Slept like a baby!! The pool area was good and convenient to all. Maybe a bit too convenient...people could walk in from the road and swim there. The golf course was good, but would have liked to have played the 18 hole next door.
All in all I would definently stay there again because the surrounding towns are a joy to visit!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, if indeed the beds were like the one we had. Heard no outside noises. Terrif...
1  Thank 1ablyons

Thank you for your kind words regarding the Heritage. We love our pool area and I’m glad you were able to take advantage of the golf course! Our health club does have members from the community who join during the summer and get use of the pool too. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at Heritage Hotel. My girlfriend and I got engaged at the hotel's beautiful stone garden. The surprise proposal ceremony could not have happened without generous support from the Hotel's catering director Jennifer Giuliano and many other staffs. Even at a very short notice, they put together a perfect setup for our private engagement ceremony. If you are hoping to have a memorable party, small or big, they are very careful and reliable.

Even beyond our unforgettable moments, we truly enjoyed our stay at the hotel, because the staffs were welcoming, the guests were very friendly. The level of maintenance at the hotel was definitely by far the best among the ones I have been to in rural areas.

With amazing staffs, rich facilities and well-preserved rooms, Heritage hotel has become one of best hotels I have been to and would definitely recommend to all my friends.

1  Thank DavidJYu
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Congratulations to you and your fiancée! We are so happy to have been a part of such a special day for you both. Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and the staff; I will pass on your compliments. And please let us know when you’re planning your big day. We can help with everything from room nights to an entire wedding weekend getaway! Congratulations again to both of you!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We have had a couple family functions at The Heritage and this weekend we had an engagement party for our friends. As usual the staff was professional and courteous and the food was to die for. The staff was stellar!.Richter and his staff are magicians when it comes to food prep. Can't wait to have another function there.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Crystal F
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you for your kind review and congratulations to your friends on their engagement! I’m glad your event was a success – I will pass on your compliments to Richter and the rest of the team. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was very happy with the layout and floor plan, everything put a smile on my families face when we attended a black/ white Tie event. Banquet staff was very nice and even went above to keep the guests happy Richter, Ilianis, Sara, and Emily were ecstatic. Thank you for the wonderful experience fabulous job on everything.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Tlea70
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for your kind words. Our banquet staff works hard to ensure that every special occasion is as much of a success as yours was! We will pass along your compliments to the staff. Please think of us for your next event!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Recently stayed at the Heritage while in town for the Rev 3 Tri at Quassy. Arrived a little before 2pm to see if the room would be available (check in is at 4pm). They advised that it was not yet available. When I booked, only rooms with 2 doubles were available, no king rooms. So I asked if it were possible to switch. She said yes, and in that case, a room was available! So was able to check in early.

Had a room on the third (top) floor. The floor had a strong pine sol smell. after navigating the halls (the place a bit spread out), arrived at the room. Since it was the top floor, the room had nice high vaulted (but sloping) ceiling. Bathroom was a little small, with standard toiletries. Room was an okay size, with a smallish window. The HVAC was a bit, inconsistent and noisy. Set the fan on "low" and NOT "auto", yet once it hit the set temp, the fan would shut off. and this on/off would wake me at night. Otherwise, the room was cozy with a nice 42" (I think) flat panel tv with HD programming. Should also mention free Wi-Fi all throughout, which is great.

My one big complaint- on the day of the Tri, we had left the room at around 5am, and didn't return until around 3:30pm. We returned to find that the room had not yet been serviced. As luck would have it, housekeeping came around while I was in the shower. They simply gave us fresh towels and additional toiletries, without even offering to return. I was just washing up and we were going to leave again, so I felt they could have at least offered to return in 30 min or something. So the room was never cleaned and my wife ended up tidying up the room herself.

Despite the housekeeping issue, this is a nice, quiet and cozy place. Didn't have any other issues and all the staff the we encountered was otherwise very nice and pleasant. I would stay here again if I were to return for Rev3.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled every year to host some of the great triathletes that take part in the Rev3 Triathlon. I’m glad you were able to check in early and take advantage of the wifi we offer throughout the hotel. I am sorry about the issues with housekeeping; we share reviews like yours with our staff to help in our continual training process. Thank you again, and I hope we’ll see you for next year’s race.

All the best, Scott

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southbury
Wyndham Southbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
#1 of 8 in Waterbury
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
The Litchfield Inn, BW Premier Collection

Been to Heritage Hotel? Share your experiences!