“Good place to stay in an area where there aren't many options”
Review of Heritage Hotel

Heritage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Southbury
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband has friends and family in the communities surrounding Southbury. It is centrally located to what we needed, in a good area, and not on a busy road, which is nice. Pretty much all of Southbury is a retirement area, and the hotel has mostly families staying there. We didn't use any of the facilities, but they looked clean and well maintained.

We took the advice of other reviewers and asked for a 3rd floor room. We didn't have any noise issues.

The reason I give the hotel a '3' overall is because we ate at Shadrach's on Christmas Eve. The food was ok, but I wasn't expecting anything amazing on that evening. However, the next day, both of us had diarrhea. Imodium clears it up, but I wouldn't eat there again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for valued review, we are happy to see you enjoyed our ideal location, situated in a peaceful community. We apologize that you and your husband did not feel well during your stay.

We hope to welcome you again soon,

Scott Robinson

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My family and I had so much fun on our weekend getaway! We swam, played pool and ping pong and just relaxed. The beds were super comfy. We ate at the breakfast buffet which was great. I asked the waitress about the breakfast potatoes to see if my daughter who has food allergies to dairy could eat them. She came back quickly with the Chef who told me that there was butter on the potatoes but they would whip up a batch just for her that was safe to eat. My daughter was elated. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Heritage Hotel. We are very happy that you and your family enjoyed the property. We have a team that cares and they all have the Yes We Can Service motto. I am very happy that the chef personally took care of your family.

We all look forward to your return visit:

Wishing you and your family a Happy Holiday and Happy New Year,

Scott

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had our ceremony and our reception at the Heritage Hotel in October 2012 and we could not be any happier with the service.

Our contact person at the hotel was Chris Allen and we have nothing but wonderful things to say about her. During our first meeting at the hotel, we were impressed with Chris's knowledge of the facility and the wedding industry. She answered all of our questions in a thoughtful manner. She researched and responded to our questions that she could not answer on the spot. Chris's attention to detail throughout the process made our experience wonderful. Chris also responded to all of our questions almost immediately. She worked very hard to help accommodate all of our needs.

The day of our wedding at the Heritage was wonderful. The staff was more than willing to accommodate us and our guests. Everything went extremely smooth. Chris's continued attention to detail made the day so much easier. Following our ceremony, she was really great about getting the bridal party food and drinks during pictures and the cocktail hour, which was truly appreciated!

We could not have asked for more from a ceremony and reception venue. We stayed at the hotel throughout the weekend and the rooms were beautiful! Everything was well taken care of and we really appreciated everything that the hotel did throughout this process. We would recommend the Heritage Hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Heritage.

We are all very happy that your special day was wonderful! I will share your comments to the entire team; we have a staff that has a lot of pride in providing excellent service.

Congratulations and we can't wait to have you back at the Heritage for your first year anniversary.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have been without power for 6days now due to hurricane sandy and came to the Heritage Hotel with our 2kids and small dog who they were kind enough to let us bring. The staff has been friendly and accommodating. The facilities are great. We have used the spa, pool, racquetball courts, restaurants and ping pong tables. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay and will be returning! Thank you heritage hotel for your kindness during our power outage.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jordana R
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Heritage Hotel.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to provide your family with some relief from hurricane Sandy.

We hope to see you back at the Heritage soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Overall, I had a very nice stay at the Heritage Hotel, but it took me a while to figure out where I had landed. In the lobby, I saw two 3-generation families bustling about. I went to find the workout room, after passing toddlers on the floor with grandparents, and families in the pool. This place was out of the way and in a picture-perfect town, complete with a Friendly's, a liquor store, a hair salon, dry cleaner, bank, deli and attorney office -- plus, attractive sidewalks with folks walking arm in arm? I was travelling on business, but I felt like I was in the scripted Truman Show (Jim Carey movie). The hotel was busy with conferences. The room was clean, recently updated, relatively quiet, and altogether pleasant --- but it didn't add up. I had to ask for a bar of soap (overlooked) Front desk calls went unanswered for a wakeup call, staff didn't have answers (because they were new). After a little inquiring, I found out that this hotel sits in the middle of a 1000 unit retirement community. I think it does well with conferences, but that explains the 3 generation families and the family restaurants and other amenities for seniors. It was attractive and pleasant, but just a little strange.

Room Tip: Perhaps away from the 'courtyard'. Non-smoking rooms mean people smoke on the balconies.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Miley2007

Our team at the Heritage appreciates you taking the time to let us know about your experiences during your stay.

We have a fantastic dynamic in our area catering to corporate meetings with our conference center and neighboring a retirement community in a beautiful small town in the heart of Heritage Village.

We are continuously providing training for our staff so they can exceed our guests expectations. The less than satisfactory experiences you encountered have been addressed with appropriate departments.

We would like the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Heritage Hotel Resort - is appealing when you walk in. But the mid 90's styled rooms and the sad bathrooms leave much for the wanting. We waited over 6 hours with a clogged toilet, our windows were broken, and our shower head was literally coming out of the wall.

We were visiting the nearby Washington, CT and found it convenient. But that was about the best thing about our stay.

They have a lot of work to do in order to call this dated hotel a "resort."

Room Tip: They were remodeling when we stayed- I would request a newly remodeled room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RFilus

Thank you for the time you took to write a review about your recent experience at the Heritage.

We strive to provide the best service and experience for all our guests. Unfortunately, we did not live up to our usual guest standards. We reviewed as a team and re-issued training to improve on areas that may require more attention.

Please contact me directly, we would like to invite you back to the Heritage so that you can experience what our guests usually experience which is nothing but attentive and professional service,

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I will be fair and first off thank George and the ladies in the Tres Jolie spa for being earnest and returning my necklace (which has lots of sentimental value) to me. I removed it for a massage then forgot to retrieve it once I left. However, I must say the spa should consider signs on their glass windows which face the entrance to the event space, during our couples massage the wedding party which was being held at the hotel stood outside the windows and all talked very loudly for about half of our massage, I was very displeased as we had look forward to our masssage for weeks and the two women working on us were both so skillful and professional. Unfortunately, no one from the Spa went out to attempt to silence the crowd the front desk woman said they'd never had this problem before, but I think signs on the window would have alleviated this and any other noise anyone else might experience. During the night while we attempted to sleep around 11:30pm the wedding party continued in our hallway, loud speaking, hollering and screaming slamming of doors until at least 1 am. Then we were awakened by floor creaking from above around 7:30 am which went on until about 9 am when we went down for breakfast. The noise was so loud we could hear it even over the air conditioner blowing. Ultimately, the stay was nice the staff was very friendly and George at the front desk was extemely helpful but the hotel was LOUD, we intended on having a relaxing weekend away but honestly we get a quieter nights sleep at home.

Room Tip: Pick the 3rd floor rooms, floors creak!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CindyA16
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southbury
Wyndham Southbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
#1 of 8 in Waterbury
The Litchfield Inn, BW Premier Collection
La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury

Been to Heritage Hotel? Share your experiences!