“Good day time lunch spot”
Review of Mill on the River

Mill on the River
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have had lunch here several times now and will continue to return there. fairly reasonable , as most places are for lunch, and quality has been good

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (490)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I dined at The Mill for the first time last night to celebrate our 11 year wedding anniversary. Everything was absolutely delicious! We had oysters, blackened scallop starter, he had clam chowder while I enjoyed the butternut squash soup. Then for dinner I had the blackened swordfish which was wonderful. My husband had the French style filet mignon which he raved about. I was very happy with everything from the atmosphere, to the service and especially the food. We will definitely be making our way back for another scrumptious meal.

Date of visit: September 2019
awmrg989, Manager at Mill on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Nicki, thank you so much for the 5 Stars and amazing review! We are so glad you enjoyed your dinner with us! Happy (belated) Anniversary and we hope to see you back again soon :)

The Mill on the River

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food was delicious as always, The ribeye nearly melted in my mouth. The service superb from glorious Emma who took our order, to the handsome gentlemen that refilled our waters and brought our bread and entrees.

We were a table of 6 adults and a baby on a Saturday night, peak hour of 7;15 while they had a wedding in house...yet they did not miss a beat with our service.

I will continue to return for all my special occasions as usual or simply when I want to pamper myself.

Date of visit: September 2019

Hi Alba, thank you so much for the 5 Stars and wonderful review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor. We will be sure to pass this along to Emma and kitchen. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind Regards,
The Mill on the River

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We got married at Mill on the River 22 years ago and come back every year for our anniversary - they never disappoint! The food is always delicious and plentiful and the service has always been top notch from our wedding to dinners. It is a little pricey - but worth it. We told them it was our anniversary and they brought us each a glass of champagne and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries that said Happy 22nd Anniversary! It's the little things like that which make it special.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have had the pleasure of visiting this restaurant on several occasions this year as I prepared for my wedding in August - which was also here - and have always been treated very well with attentive service and the utmost professionalism.
The food on the restaurant side is amazing. It is worth the price and has shown to be consistent in quality, flavor, and appearance.

The wedding food, while understandably a tad lower in quality of flavor when compared to attending for the restaurant, was still wonderful and displayed well. Their packages for large parties is very reasonable and their bar service is #1!
I want to give a special thank you to Laura (the event coordinator), the managers, as well as the staff.

Laura was very responsive by both email and phone. She also listened and covered every one of our concerns - particularly our fear that we wouldn't get to eat! We always had a drink with her. She bustled me - even though I hadn't gotten a bustle - with safety pins. She saw us out to the end of the night as we were her last wedding that day. The day wouldn't have been so smooth without her!
The managers, in the times that Laura was unavailable, were also attentive in her stead with the same courtesies she offered. Although I did not have as much contact ewith them, their professionalism and care for their customers came through in their demeanor.
To the rest of the staff that helped us make every moment: thank you for being fun but still professional, listening to when we had a special occasion for eating there and the surprise treats, the prompt and attentive service, and keeping the fine dining atmosphere of the location!

For those who may be considering weddings or special events at this location, I highly recommend the Mill - they have shown me great integrity in my business with them and in my experience, their recommended vendors show the same. Our DJ, Sean Childs, photographers of Paul Nash Photography, and hotel shuttle offered by the Courtyard by Marriott-Hartford/Windsor operated so smoothly and have worked with the Mill for a long time and I just wanted to recommend them as well. The DJ and photographers are so creative and work well with each other and understood how to operate with Laura on a rough timeline. The room block was great and the shuttle knew where to go and was on time. Smoothest wedding ever!

Date of visit: August 2019