“Charming night out.”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hartford, Connecticut
“Charming night out.”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Last night was a wonderful night out. We started with a traditional mother daughter night out. Eight years ago our daughters graduated from collage and bring us out for a fun night. We were a party of six. This time we went to the Bushnell for a great play and then off to 2 Hopewell. The rooms are so warm and charming. We made reservations last minute and we were treated like regulars. The staff was friendly and fun. We each had different meals from beef to pork to a vegetarian dinner. All were great cooked to perfection. Thank you 2 Hopewell for making our night special. We will be back.

Visited November 2013

Glastonbury, CT
“#1 restaurant in Glastonbury”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

There is no such town as SOUTH Glastonbury so reviews are hard to find. This is an upscale white tablecloth restaurant featuring fresh local ingredients. The ubiquitous iceberg wedge is elevated to new levels with homemade blue cheese dressing, candied bacon, pistachios, cherry tomatoes, and a balsamic reduction. Similarly sirloin tips are are elegant and don't resemble diner food.

My desert, a chocolate torte, was surrounded by fresh berries from a local farm.

This restaurant is easily found on Main St up from the ferry road.

• Visited July 2013
Buffalo, New York
“Outstanding food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I have a very strict diet in terms of allergies and fitness and 2 Hopewell was able to give me a delicious gourmet meal that fit within all of my parameters. The atmosphere is cool, unique and beautiful and the piano player was a fun addition. My three friends and I absolutely loved it and I am definitely going back when I am in Glastonbury again!

• Visited July 2013
Middletown, Connecticut
“Charming place!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Ths place did live up to all the raves I heard. The location is almost in Portland so it's quiet and private versus the rest of Glastonbury. The building is from the 1600s (what we were told by staff) and previously general store, museum and other restaurants before becoming this restaurants (will be 6 years this fall). The staff was VERY kind and accommodating. Every single staff member was wonderful! Even the owner came out during dinner to great guests (I love when owners do this!). Food selection was great (American), and interesting (in a good way!). This was our first visit and we sat outside in the gorgeous patio surrounded by hanging lights. Loved how quaint and original the patio is versus modern ones, overlooking main road. Just beware of falling berries from tree above and lots of mosquitos at night. Walked past tavern which is super cool. Great modern decor. Upstairs is more formal and intimate. A couple private rooms with romantic lights and decor. Can't wait to come back!!!

Visited June 2013
“Party every year”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have been going to 2 Hopewell for the last 5 years for a special holiday meal with my college friends coming in from as far away as PA. They are very accomodating for our group of 12-14. The service was excellent, the menu imaginative and diverse, and the food has always been superb. Interesting drink menu also.

• Visited December 2012