“Quick and easy breakfast”

Popover Cafe & Bakery
Order Online
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Simsbury
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Popover Cafe & Bakery features many locally sourced, organic and healthful foods. We are not a Gluten Free facility but do bake many GF and Vegan baked goods. Our goal is to become 100% organic and Non GMO over the next year. When these items are not available we use only the highest quality freshest ingredients! Many of our foods are locally sourced from Farms in the area.
Reviewed May 9, 2019

On my way to a meeting I stopped in to this pleasant little restaurant on the main street of Simsbury, CT and had a popover and cup of coffee, But there were many other choices. While I was there a number of "locals" came in and collected take-out orders or sat down to enjoy the morning meal. I didn't notice if they served meals other than breakfast. Service was quick and staff very friendly. Next time I'm in the area I will go there again.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed January 15, 2019

We love popovers. The popovers are right out of the oven and delicious and large. We had breakfast here. The eggs Benedict was yummy and the root veggie hash I would only give 4 stars because as with root veggies, they take a while to cook so they should have been chopped into smaller pieces to allow more thorough cooking in the skillet.
The cappuccino was perfect and the smoothie tasty too. All healthy options. Slightly overpriced on some things. We look forward to going back.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 6, 2018

Went with a friend on a rainy Saturday, and were seated along the windows. Each time the door opened, we felt a cold chill come in.

Ordered our food and coffee; loved the coffee, but my eggs were cold.

The servers were all very friendly and they kept my coffee mug filled. Just can’t give any more than 3 stars for cold breakfast eggs.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 7, 2018

very slow-I mean so slow after 45 minutes I ask about my order and they say "Oh it must have got lost" It is to bad that this place only gets three stars from me but the four times I have been there it been just ok. Do not get me wrong some dishes on some days are great. I will be going back just I will not be in a rush.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Warm, friendly service. Waffle ham and cheese sandwich. Giv coffee. Surprisingly not the typical in your face Simsbury establishment. Very relaxed. Great food. Can sit and have a coffee or have a bite.

Date of visit: September 2018