“Ok”

Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

Went in for lunch. Been to the one near Palmer ma that closed so trying the Simsbury one.
I do like their beer selection. However, I feel an Irish pub should have more actual ales, pumped of course. Not even Celtic music. But ok, I’m sure they listen to the same dribble we do.
Ordered wings. Looked generic, mass produced bought product, with Franks red hot??? Drizzled on. How hard is it to toss in a pan??? I’ve worked as a chef.
Moist towelette thrown on plate, where the hell has that been??? But of course I don’t like to complain so I ate and dealt.
I guess my fault for ordering wings and New Orleans beer at an Irish pub. But the New Orleans beer is awesome!
Staff I dealt with was great!!

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank mattwO8409JX

Reviewed May 16, 2019

We stopped in for a late night nightcap. We sat in the bar and it was quiet, just what we were looking for. Good selection of beer and the blue cheese fondue potato chips were the perfect bite to go along with. I bet at peak hours this place is hopping!

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank AnnaLarghe
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Visited twice on vacation. The food and tap menu are great. But the real reason to visit is the bar staff. We were there 2 nights with entirely different staff yet had the same awesome experience. If you want good beer and an educated barman, find Ian. I learned a ton and loved every minute. Suzanne rocked. Knows her spirits.. Something for everyone. Great drinks, ambiance and a truly welcoming place to return again and again

Date of visit: April 2019
2  Thank BeautifulVox
Reviewed March 24, 2019

I LOVE this place because the people are the best. The waitstaff are friendly and professional. Chris, the manager is watching like a hawk. This place is a well-oiled machine. 44 beers on tap and they know how to pour a beer. Food is inventive and interesting while still fitting in with pub atmosphere.

Date of visit: March 2019
2  Thank KKB101301
Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

The food is fine, and the staff is friendly. Just smelled a little too much like a college bar; stale beer to be exact. Pretty decent, but nothing I'd recommend as a Simsbury veteran diner.

Date of visit: August 2018