“visit this one”

Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 16, 2014

OUTSTANDING!!! What a great place for food and atmosphere. Been back 3 times this week. Excellent food and staff. If you are looking for a casual place to relax and experience wonderful food in Simsbury THIS is the place to go. The previous review by jandE2009 is not completely accurate. The management and staff are exactly what you would want and expect...terriffic! I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone and would happily return any time I am Ianthe area. TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT......NO LOVE IT!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

As a loyal regular of the Iron Frog Restaurant that was previously at this venue, I really wanted McFadden's to be a great experience. Yikes - anything but! My family of 5 was seated rather quickly, but after that - it was a full 15 minutes before we had any contact with our server. She indicated that she thought we were in someone else's section - but honestly - so frustrating. We debated about getting up and leaving - but we were so hungry, we decided to be patient. Big mistake - after placing our order, we ended up waiting another 30 minutes for burgers and salads. The food was pretty good - but the wait made us quite disappointed with the entire experience. The manager was the one who brought out our food and profusely apologized for the excessive delay - indicating a staff shortage, etc..... whatever.... we will think twice about going there again with kids and limited time.

1  Thank lbritwahl
Reviewed April 12, 2014

There not a place with better beer selection in this area. Unfortunately, you need to put up with poor service. When you order one of the beers, it seems to take forever to get it. Beer should be their main business and the service should match.

The pub seems very un-organized and the management doesn't help much. They aren't very sympathetic to concerns that are restaurant caused. The first time we went, we waited an hour and we were supposed to be seated next. After another 20 minutes, we were told that they gave our table away. After sitting, the manager just said they were sorry and made excuses that their staff was inefficient. Good way to treat your customers and staff!!!!

The next time we went, we waited for 10 minutes before anyone came to the table even though there were many open tables and available wait staff. We ordered 3 appetizers and the beer came almost at the same time. The bacon appetizer seemed like it was Canadian bacon and the lobster sliders had more tomato than lobster.

Hopefully, they'll get their act together and improve their service and attitude. It would be helpful for both employees and customers.

1  Thank Granby-Gobbler
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We went to McLadden's last night for the first time. We were SO excited about going there because of the large beer selection. The beer selection is the best part of the pub. I really liked what they did with the place since it was the Iron Frog - the decor is very nice. I love that they expanded the bar seating too. The only problem was the help. No one working there seemed like they enjoyed their job at all. We didn't get very good advice on beers to try after we told them the types of beers we enjoyed. They kept our credit card to hold a tab which seemed kind of unnecessary in a small pub in Simsbury. I guess I was just underwhelmed by the whole atmosphere. We will return though and maybe next time it will be better.

1  Thank sched95
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Just got out of McLadden's.. Food was good so it was the drinks, but a vase came down from an upper shelf hit the table next to us and then hit our table hit my leg and broke in pieces when it hit the floor. The general manager came to us and tried to make it look that it was nothing and walked away.. I requested to talked to the manager again and he came back and he offer us an $8 appetizer if we come back tomorrow to eat.. What an insult!!!!!!. I have been in many different restaurants and I was offer more than just a cheap appetizer for an inconvenience cause by the place or staff.. The people next to us they were also disgusted the way the management treated us by the manager.. I WILL NOT EVER go back agiain .. There are so many good places in Simsbury not even worth to think about this one..

1  Thank JandE2009