“Could be a great pub...” 3 of 5 bubbles

McLadden's
Ranked #24 of 55 Restaurants in Simsbury
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hartford, Connecticut
“Could be a great pub...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We went to McLadden's last night for the first time. We were SO excited about going there because of the large beer selection. The beer selection is the best part of the pub. I really liked what they did with the place since it was the Iron Frog - the decor is very nice. I love that they expanded the bar seating too. The only problem was the help. No one working there seemed like they enjoyed their job at all. We didn't get very good advice on beers to try after we told them the types of beers we enjoyed. They kept our credit card to hold a tab which seemed kind of unnecessary in a small pub in Simsbury. I guess I was just underwhelmed by the whole atmosphere. We will return though and maybe next time it will be better.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank sched95

Springfield, Virginia
“In need for new managment!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Just got out of McLadden's.. Food was good so it was the drinks, but a vase came down from an upper shelf hit the table next to us and then hit our table hit my leg and broke in pieces when it hit the floor. The general manager came to us and tried to make it look that it was nothing and walked away.. I requested to talked to the manager again and he came back and he offer us an $8 appetizer if we come back tomorrow to eat.. What an insult!!!!!!. I have been in many different restaurants and I was offer more than just a cheap appetizer for an inconvenience cause by the place or staff.. The people next to us they were also disgusted the way the management treated us by the manager.. I WILL NOT EVER go back agiain .. There are so many good places in Simsbury not even worth to think about this one..

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JandE2009
Windsor, CT
“Informal fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

It's worth finding. They know how to get you in the mood for fun.

Check out what others are having.

It's OK just to walk about and see what's going on.

Visited October 2013
Granby, Connecticut
“The Best New Resturant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

When I walked in I immediately saw that this place has to be great. I was right, the food was absolutely amazing and the staff was very welcoming. It was hard to find anything that could be improved. The only thing that I found was maybe a little more dimming of the lights at some places in the restaurant. I definite go to for anyone in the Valley!

• Visited March 2014