“Still great after so many years.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Naples, Florida
“Still great after so many years.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had last eaten here in 1995. When we came back to Simsbury we were happy to see that it still was in existence and in the same location. The food was as great as ever. Best eggplant parmigiana ever.

Visited October 2013

Simsbury, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Restaurant in Simsbury”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Food is overpriced and not especially tasty. Staff is rude and don't pay attention to their customers. Owners set this standard, as they are worse than staff. We went there one Friday evening and sat for 10 minutes before anyone came over. Upon complaining to the owner, I was told this is the best they could do. I never heard that before from a restaurant owner! Needless to say we left. The owner rudely said, "ok bye". I live in simsbury and will never go there again. Believe me there are much better establishments in simsbury.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank S K
Winsted, Connecticut
“A decent choice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I've been twice in the past month. The first time my daughter and i sat inside and both had a tuna grinder. It was a little dark, but I can see that being pleasant and cozy in winter. The waitress (possibly owner?) was very nice, and we were served promptly. I was a wee bit surprised by the loud talking going on the kitchen. It was a bit disruptive given that only two tables in the restaurant were filled. The grinder was fresh and the bread was very good. We each got a "half" grinder, but it really is the equivalent of a full one, so we both took half of our "half" home.

I also had lunch there with my husband--this time on the patio, which is really quite nice. It's confusing (at least to me!) because there's another restaurant at the back of the patio, and I had assumed it was the owner of the patio rather than Apollo's. Turns out not to be the case. It was a beautiful day and a nice experience overall, though that had more to do with the weather and comfortable seating than with the service or food. The patio was fairly full when we arrived and then a large group of bicyclists showed up to add to the workload of the already overloaded waitress. A waiter eventually joined her. We waited a loooong time for a chopped salad and tuna melt. Both dishes were fine. Nothing to write home about. My husband said the fries were absolutely delicious.

The upshot: The patio is a great place to relax on a beautiful autumn day. The food is pretty average, but it's a huge menu, so it's possible we didn't order whatever they do best. I'd have no problem going there again--though I wouldn't do so if it were in a hurry during regular lunch hours.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Scape1
Simsbury, Connecticut
“Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Apollo's offers good Italian and Greek food at reasonable prices. The service is friendly.

There was nothing to dislike!

Visited June 2013
Los Angeles, California
“consistantly inconsistant- and NOT GOOD!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

last july i wrote about the downhill slide of Apollo's since George, the owner, had sold the restaurant. this june we decided to give the place a new chance (also due to the fact that we had received a gift cert for christmas!). once again we ordered their Hawaiian Pizza- it was fabulous!!! service great, just a pleasure. unfortunately this is not an ongoing event. last night we stopped off for the same type of pizza. very blah to say the least- barely any bacon on the pizza, the pineapple pieces were barely heated- as though straight from the can, it was as though a generic pizza was used with a few additions- nowhere like the super wonderful one last time. with a family of 4 and sometimes added diners it is not a place to go for a "surprise meal". when i am spending my dine-out allowance i want to know that my meal will be
consistantly good. i can get so-so anywhere.
definitely a NOT-go-to place. save your money.

• Visited July 2013