“The new location is amazing and they really stepped up their game with the food”
Review of Metro Bis

Metro Bis
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Simsbury
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have been to the new spot a handful of times now and it is so great! The inside decor is is classy and so beautiful. They really have a knack for interior design. The outside patio is fabulous. I went with some girlfriends Friday night and the food was a ten! We shared a few apps, my absolute favorite is the Poke. It is just perfect. For dinner we had salads with salmon and others had salad with chicken. We all raved about ours. And also, the halibut was amazing! I actually have been craving it! Only one slight critique, if you like your martini with fresh squeezed lime juice, and not Roses, you need to specify. Otherwise, it was fantastic.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have liked previous locations, but love this setting the best. Sat outside for a work related lunch and enjoyed the food, the setting and the service. Will look forward to experiencing the inside seating areas in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

After having been seated for 1/2 hour with drinks, we had to ask for menus then were served within 15 minutes. When we asked a waitress to take our photo, she grudgingly said she would. It was a bit far away so we asked a passing waiter to take one closer in and the waitress then unsmilingly whined, "Wasn't mine good enough!?" Having said that, she brought the birthday gal a single rose in a vase to take home and a candle on the one dessert we all shared.

Reviewed June 4, 2019

First note I have never sent a meal back because it wasn't edible but I did last Friday 5/31. We've been to Metro Bis probably a half dozen times when they were in the 1820 House and were always pleased with the food and service. We usually reserved the restaurant for special occasions. Last Friday was my birthday and I suggested we go to Metro Bis. They seemed to be understaffed for the night but everyone was pleasant and we were in no hurry. My husband had the boneless short ribs which he said were good. I ordered the trout which was dry and overcooked places on top of a sweet potato hash that was also dry and had no flavor. I then ordered the flat iron steak thinking beef was a good choice. It was barely passable because it was not a very good cut of meat and was also dry. We enjoyed each other and the ambience of the restaurant but will not be going back. It's was too expensive for not very good food.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

Visited Metro Bis in their new location in the Ensign House. It was simply lovely. Visitors should give themselves a few extra minutes to explore the new location. We poked our heads into two beautiful function goons that make me wish I had an event to plan!
We enjoyed our dinner outside, which on a Saturday night was very crowded, reservations a must. Our party enjoyed the shrimp with grits, the halibut, the crab cakes and the New York strip steak. If I had one minor complaint it would be that the wait staff was not particularly knowledgable about the menu but we did just fine selecting on our own. Metro Bis is a must visit!

Date of visit: May 2019

Been to Metro Bis? Share your experiences!