“Terrific for lunch”

Maple Tree Cafe
Ranked #26 of 54 Restaurants in Simsbury
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
“Terrific for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Simsbury has many great food options and this is a solid lunch option. I went with two work buddies and saw they had a typical over ambitious menu spanning many cultures (often a bad sign). We each had something very different, but they each got a "hey this is alright" (sorry "yummy" is the girlie version). We will be back. Service was friendly and attentive.

“Great local place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have tried MANY places in the area and eat out about 3 to 4 times a week. Maple Tree does not disappoint. Salad is fresh and plentiful as is the bread. Main dishes are excellent and they offer a three course price fix menu during the week that is a great value. Never disappoints for quality, value and atmosphere in that order.

Hartford, Connecticut
“Cover Charge for Poor Service and a Mediocre Band?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife and I are new to the area, so we have been trying new restauraunts and venues hoping to find some good food and live music. Our neighbor suggested Maple Tree Cafe. When we arrived around 8:30, we had to pay a cover charge even though we were eating dinner. We were seated in the restaurant area just as the band started playing - loudly.

We both ordered pasta dishes and a glass of wine. Cold bread and olive oil was brought to the table - we asked for some warm bread and fresh pepper, so another basket of bread (barely warm) was brought over. Dinner was brought to the table while we were still eating our salads at which point I reminded the server that he had yet to bring our wines.

I ordered pasta bolognese, which wasn't too bad, while my wife had spaghetti and meatballs. Her pasta was overcooked, there was too much sauce and parmesan cheese, and the meatballs were bland and overdone.

The manager did come over to ask how everything was...and she did remove the spaghetti and meatballs from the bill. The server never came back to ask if we would like another glass of wine or anything else for that matter. We walked away feeling that at least we were reimubursed for the cover charge, but I doubt we'll be back.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank minnfin
Nashville, Tennessee
“In between poor and average...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I met up with some family and friends there for dinner and there was a band. They informed us no matter if we were at the bar or a table that we would have to pay a cover for the band. Immediately, this didn't sit well with me and may have set a tone for the night. We had a waitress who may have been new so I'll give her that but she was trying to up sell the food/dessert while I sat there for an hour and a half and not once did she ask if I wanted another cocktail after my initial one we ordered when first sitting down. The food came out and the food was just ok at best. If I ever wanted to go out to dinner there again I would think twice and turn away if there was any band playing and some young kid telling us to pay a cover.

• Visited November 2012
Avon, Connecticut
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

The place has been remodeled and no longer a biker bar. The new chef was with Max Grup for years and has brought his excellent food . We had 8 of us and the food was awesome. the bands are good with plants of room to dance. They have a great price fixed menu and nice happy hour. highly recommend!

• Visited October 2012