“7 course meal, Amazing ”
Review of Millwrights

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Waterfall Way
Description: With its unique setting perched atop a waterfall in Simsbury, Connecticut, Millwright's invites guests to dine in the 17th century mill with acclaimed Chef Tyler Anderson and his staff. Featuring daily-chosen farm ingredients, the freshest and most select product, proprietary cocktails, and exciting wine menu, Millwright's offers a new experience to the Farmington Valley dining scene. Our staff eagerly awaits your next visit...
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic ambiance, service and food. First time and we had the 7 course chef selection. It did not disappoint each course was amazing. Highly recommend and make sure you are in no rush as you need to savory all they have to offer.

Date of visit: May 2019
Vanessa W, General Manager at Millwrights, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are always thrilled when food, service and ambiance all come together for a memorable experience with us. Agreed on taking your time when opting for the tasting menu. We always recommend setting aside 2-2.5hrs for the tasting menu. Thank you for joining us and taking part in our culinary journey. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed May 18, 2019

My husband and I enjoyed a perfectly lovely evening at Millwrights! The service was exceptional and the food was incredible! The choices on the menu made it difficult to decide what to order, but we each chose the Dumplings to start. I could have eaten the freshly made gnocchi, braised chicken, snap peas and garlic crumbs for an entree! They gnocchis were the best I have ever had. For his entree, my husband ordered the Duck Breast with black rice, leeks, celery root, truffle purée and juniper honey. He raved about each part. I tried the Lamb Loin and the presentation itself was superb. It was “mousse wrapped” with ramp purée, slender spears of asparagus and a brown butter crumb! Not only were the entrees delicious, they were unusual and combined well with the other items. Somehow we managed to save room for dessert and both decided to try the rhubarb. There were little chunks of rhubarb mixed in a cream, partly covered by a crumb topping and edible pansy with a bottom layer of a thicker rhubarb gel. Our server, Ron, was very attentive and helpful, as was his assistant. I would definitely recommend Millwrights for a special occasion and hope to return again before long.

Date of visit: May 2019
Vanessa W, General Manager at Millwrights, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We are very happy to know that you thoroughly enjoyed the food; and that the service was top notch. We will be sure to share your sentiments with our chefs and Ron. We're looking forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed May 16, 2019

Celebrated my birthday here. They were told in advance that we were celebrating my birthday and our server Chris (who was wonderful) presented me with a birthday card upon our arrival - which was a nice touch especially since my own son didn't get me one :)

One of the things I like about Millwright's, besides its lovely location, is how they incorporate as much local food into their menu as possible. They even list the sources on the menu.

They are also very creative with their food choices. For example, my husband had skate (which was actually more tender than I thought it would). I never had the vegetable served with my swordfish (sorry, can't remember what it was called) but it was delicious.

Desserts range for ice cream made locally to the more lavish - all beautifully presented.

The wine and spirit collection was impressive too. My husband was thrilled by the number of Scottish whiskys from which he could choose.

Will definitely come here again.

Date of visit: May 2019

Thank you Cathy for your review! Thank you for also joining us for your special occasion- Happy Birthday!! We always strive for quality ingredients and producing dishes that have integrity...and are delicious. We appreciate your keen observation into the local farms we work with to provide the freshest produce and proteins. We couldn't do it without them; or you. We'll have the whisk(e)y spirit menu ready for you upon your next visit with us. We'll be sure to share your kind words with the rest of our team.
All the best,

Millwright's

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

I have the good fortune to live around the corner from Milwrights. We often stop in to the Tavern for a kale Caesar, some oysters and a glass of wine. Our daughter came with us recently for the first time and reminded us what a gem this place is. The falls in the back are stunning. The food is impeccable. The desserts are all works of art (I’m sheepishly going to acknowledge that I’ve tried them all...the Earl Gray Cloud is a favorite.) Wow, our daughter said! This is Simsbury? Yes it is, and it’s a can’t miss!

Date of visit: May 2019
Vanessa W, General Manager at Millwrights, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Thank you so much for your review! We're elated that you enjoyed everything from food, beverage and ambience...(and great company!). We're looking forward to your next visit with us. Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

We just held our annual ladies luncheon at Millwright’s. The food, ambience and service were outstanding! Jeff kept everything on schedule and included some humor and history with our experience. We hope to come back next year if not sooner for dinner or brunch which is also fantastic!
Cheers

Date of visit: May 2019

Thank you very much for joining us for the annual ladies luncheon. Your group was a pleasure to have in the building. Looking forward to your next event with us.

Been to Millwrights? Share your experiences!