“Good food and reasonable prices.”

Benny's of Simsbury
Ranked #17 of 52 Restaurants in Simsbury
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stopped in for a quick dinner with the kids - service was great, and food was very good. Have to try the Gyro's!

1  Thank Adam L

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Meh............................. Not great or even good; we won't be going back. We tried this place for take out lunch for the office, no one was pleased.

5  Thank Mark G
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Very good breakfast food. The toast is actually toasted, the refried potatoes are nice, and the pancakes are great. Both in taste and in size. Even the coffee was good. And some unique greek-inspired items like omelets with lamb and tadzhiki sauce.

Now for the bad: Service. The young waitress was clearly not interested in being a waitress. She asked "how is everything" before we had even cut into the food. We had to ask for missing items several times - they were part of the menu items, but never made it to the table. I never was offered coffee refill, even when I had an empty cup and she was at the table. And her back turned before I got finished speaking. If it were my business, well...

The food was truly excellent, but if I see that waitress the next time, I may just turn around at the door.

2  Thank A_Norse
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I've been to Benny's 4 times now and today was the last time ever. The food is totally unpredictable, lunch today was downright terrible. We didn't finish what we had. The service, even though there were only 8 of us and 2 waitresses, was slow. We ordered omelets and the toast came out burned.. I mean BLACK. I asked the waitress how the kitchen could possible send something like this out to be served. She apologized. There's no need for this to ever happen. This is the SECOND time this happened to me while eating there. Black black toast. The homefries, while they looked very promising were as tasteless as they come. The omelet was very dry. The ice tea was good, I will give them that. Our waitress was very nice, the other one looked like she barely dressed in clean clothing and couldn't wait to get out of there.

Just an overall bad experience. I mentioned the last bad experience to the owner when a small group of us were in there the last time and his response what quite underwhelming. Do they care?

I will never go back there again. Even though the prices are fairly low, the quality of the food isn't worth the price. There is no atmosphere, I know it's a small diner but there is no cozy diner feeling.

1  Thank MimiSmith
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Nice little local restaurant. Nothing super fancy but good prices and a great Gyro. Fast friendly service. BYOB with a nice little package store next door if you eat in.

1  Thank Travwel