“Great food, value, service and atmosphere”

Meadow Asian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Meadow Asian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Simsbury
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
East Granby, Connecticut
“Great food, value, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We went to meadow yesterday for lunch. It is a small place but the atmosphere is really calming and beautifully decorated. More upscale looking than your regular Asian restaurant. The service was impeccable. The 2 guys waiting on us could not do enough for us. The luncheon specials were beyond and deal and super tasty. I had Kung Pao shrimp which made with large fresh shrimp and really freshly perfectly cooked veggies. It came with a choice of appetizer (I chose spring roll), a soup (I chose miso soup) and a choice of rice (I chose fried rice) for $6.95. My friend got the 2 roll Japanese lunch (she got California roll and Philadelphia roll) for $8.95. It came with a salad that was so fresh and beautifully presented and miso soup. We are definitely making this our go to asian restaurant.

We did not use the bar or outside dining but they have it. It would be a great place to have a drink and appetizer outside on a nice day.

• Visited April 2013

Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Food, Great Value, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

In my feverish attempt to find local fave restaurants in our new hometown, I discovered strong reviews for the Meadow online. When a family member came to visit, I pounced on the opportunity. Between the three of us we had miso, California rolls, avocado maki and a bento box. Everyone was happy. Love that they are generous with ginger and wasabi. The waitress did pop up and remove our plates the second my mouth was full with my final California roll. That was inconvenient. Try asking for the check with ambitious amounts of wasabi watering your eyes. All in all, a great find. Lovely ambience and something for everyone.

PS- Our check for lunch was just over $30 for three people. Righteous.

• Visited April 2013
Hartford, CT
“Great Asian Cuisine”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been to Meadow around 5x to eat in, and maybe 10x to take out. Each time the food has been terrific. What strikes me most about the food is how fresh everything is. My family is fairly particular when it comes to Chinese food, and Meadow is our favorite in the area. We have had most of the chicken dishes on the menu and have enjoyed them all. I dont think that egg fried rice is on the menu but whenever i ask for it they make it for me and it has been delicious. Meadow is about 30% more expensive then the other Chinese restaurant that we go to in town, but it also tastes like better quality and fresher food. The decor of the restaurant is very nice- upscale, clean, but not pretentious- very comfortable.

I highly recommend Meadow.

• Visited March 2013
“Great lunch date!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I met a friend for lunch. It was my first visit and I was immediately impressed with how clean it was, the beautiful decor and attentive staff.

I ordered Cali rolls and shrimp tempura. The meal also came with salad and soup. Everything was excellent, fresh and fast! The bonus was that because it was lunch, it was very affordable!

I can't wait to go back!!

Hartford, Connecticut
“Gluten Free, Delicious and Courteous!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant is clean and comfortable. The waitstaff is courteous and professional. They have a rather large GF menu that my wife pours over each time we go there, but she still gets her favorite. I have gotten something different from the GF menu each time we go there and I have never been let down with the quality, quantity and consistency of the food.

The prices aren't too terrible; between the two of us we spend about $45 (w/ 1 beer & tip).

It would definitely be a great place to go on a first date because the Simsburyt Hoyts cinema is right around the corner (~10 minute drive), or there is bowling (Blue Fox Bowling, Granby) ~10 minutes the other way.

They do have take out too, and that line is constantly flowing.

• Visited December 2012