“Porkie burger special” 5 of 5 bubbles

Plan B at One-Way Fare
Ranked #5 of 55 Restaurants in Simsbury
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Porkie burger special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

One of the best burgers I have had. Pork burger with pulled pork, bacon, and cole slaw. Add some sweet potato fries and a Souther 2x Milk Stout and you can call it a night. It was one of the best burgers I have ever eaten and believe me I have 46 years of experience to back that up!

• Visited February 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Excellent burgers! They are all organic / great meat and the patties are huge! The homemade chips and chili for starter was also great!

There was already a line at 5 pm!

“Mice & dinner don't mix. ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We used to visit Plan B in Simsbury often. The food is okay and we always had decent service. During our last visit, though, I had a mouse run right across my feet to the other side of the restaurant. I had just started eating, but I was so disgusted that I couldn't continue my meal. We alerted the waitress right away. She offered to move us, and her response was, "Yeah, we've been having a big problem with the mice. Someone's supposed to be coming out." That's nice to know...

Needless to say, I was too grossed out to eat my meal. We left without eating but still paid for the wasted meal. I just couldn't help but thinking that if the little guy was brazen enough to run around the full bar, then what is he climbing all over at night? Blagh!!

I completely understand that it's a very old building, but I just can't eat there after seeing that.

Farmington, Connecticut
“beef, beer and burbon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Wow always love coming here. Much better than the one in West Hartford! We came during a big snow storm found a seat at the bar (our favorite place). I got the new fashion drink...always a nice drink. My husband got a flight of bourbon to try...he enjoyed that! We each got the bacon burger with pink. The beef is so wonderful. I was not impressed with the garlic mayo on mine as all I could taste was the garlic and none of the delicious beef, I know now to get a different condiment or just have something on the side. The disco fries are the best...cheese and gravy on matchstick fries that don't get soggy! You can also get a small salad if you don't want fries. The beer selection will take you some time to go through and if you don't know what to pick just ask they will point you in the right direction. Though get there early on a busy night they do not take reservations or call ahead seating. It is very hard if you have a friends in town and want to take them there as you could be waiting a few hours for a seat.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Avon, Connecticut
“the best burgers in CT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

this is the best burger you can find - excellent meat hand pressed and not overcooked. Moist and full of flavor. The french fry options are all delicious. Great selection of draft beer and wine too - a great time.

Visited September 2013