“the best burgers in CT”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Avon, Connecticut
“the best burgers in CT”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

this is the best burger you can find - excellent meat hand pressed and not overcooked. Moist and full of flavor. The french fry options are all delicious. Great selection of draft beer and wine too - a great time.

Visited September 2013

York, South Carolina
“Excellent Burgers”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Two of us stopped here for a late lunch. Although the restaurant was very crowded, we were seated immediately. Although we came for the burgers, the menu had a variety of salads and other items. They had a nice beer menu with a number of interesting selections. The burgers, cooked to your specifications, are priced a little high but they come with a large pickle and a generous side of your choice. The burgers were large and served on an appropriate bun that held up to the juicy burger and toppings. Our waiter was attentive and efficient. If you want a burger that is a giant step up from fast food fare, you won't be dissatisfied here.

• Visited November 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“What? I Can't Hear You!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Plan B Burger Bar in Simsbury, Connecticut has a reliable menu of good food. I go for the salads, my son and husband for the burgers. Nice selection of brews. Atmosphere is a nice mix of historical railway building with creative lighting. As much as I'd like to give this place a rave review, the music is painfully loud.

The last time we went (I intentionally use the word "last") was a Sunday evening. Music was pounding as we were seated. When we ordered, I asked our waitress if the music could be turned down. Bless her heart, she asked the bartender to turn down the tunes. Unfortunately, three minutes later I watched him crank it back up. I found out later an acquaintance had been there the same night and had the SAME experience. Plan B: Are you listening? IT'S THE MUSIC.

I don't mind spending eighty bucks for a burger dinner for three if we are comfortable and have a good time. I won't blow eighty bucks to sit somewhere and wish for the meal to be over.

• Visited November 2013
Simsbury, CT
“Good burger and beer/bourbon joint with fun servers”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The place used to be known as "One Way Fare" and is located at an old Rail Road Station building, with the restaurant/ bar in the ols waiting area, and the kitchen in the old office and ticket booth area. Downstairs is another service room and restroom facilities. Ouside is a deck with tables and chairs for nicer days, well liked in spring to fall.
Menue is well designed, with a number of beef entries from "never frozen Beef" and other good entries. Beers are all American brews, not a foreign brew in the bunch, and so is Bourbon.
My favorite? The 3 mini cheeseburgers (served on a spike) with Parmesan fries, and a cool Local IPA. What's not to like?

Visited October 2013
Connecticut
“Terrible service”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Within a year or two after they first opened, I met friends here on occasion. The burgers were always good but overpriced. Two years ago when I was here, I ordered my burger "pink," which was a huge mistake. It was rare and raw inside. I ate around the middle and the next day, I had an intestinal upset which resulted in seeing my doctor when it lingered for three days. He attributed the cause to the raw beef. I decided not to ever go to Plan B again until a week ago. We were on our way back from the airport, and it was later than the typical dinner time. At that point, it was convenient, we were hungry and I thought I would be safe by ordering my burger "no pink." For a Monday evening, it was very busy. We were seated right away, and it was 20+ minutes before we even saw our waiter. Another waiter passed us by several times, the bartender looked over at us a few times, and a girl employee was sitting at the bar doing paperwork and chatting with the bartender. No one bothered to come over to our table to offer an explanation or apologize for the wait. There didn't seem to be a manager present, and the employees all seemed to be in their late twenties. We ordered a glass of wine which took another 15-20 minutes to arrive, so we ordered right away. Our waiter was obviously overextended having to attend to a party downstairs. No one seemed willing to help him out. We waited about 40-45 additional minutes for two burgers. They were good, juicy and cooked thoroughly. My side of salad was okay, consisting of greens and salad dressing - nothing exceptional. When we finished our meal, our waiter asked us if we wanted dessert and we declined, asking for the check. We were tired and it had been a long day. After such a long wait for everything, we were anxious to leave at this point, having spent much longer here than we ever anticipated. After waiting another 20+ minutes for the check, we left our table and went to the bar to pay. Our waiter immediately appeared and presented us with the check. This was among the poorest service we have ever experienced in a restaurant. Perhaps that's what happens when you have a group of young people running the restaurant who have a don't care attitude. Never again - there are too many other burger places around that far surpass this one.

• Visited October 2013