“Great burgers and beer”

Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in Simsbury
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Went with our son and his girlfriend from FL. We were heading to a beer pub when I mentioned this place and decided to try. Glad we did. They had a excellent selection of beers and bourbons. There lunches are over 70% burgers which was ok with us. They are prepared many ways and the waitress was very helpful in explaining or recommending. The burgers are huge and offer fries many different ways as sides (some $.99 more). Plenty to eat and drink. Is small inside and tables close together, so a little loud but ok. will go again!

There are newer reviews for Plan B at One-Way Fare

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I really like the atmosphere at Plan B. It's located in an old rail road station in Simsbury, with a real train just out back. The inside is cozy and classy with nice decor. An awesome whiskey selection, you name it they've got it! The burgers are huge...I love the West coast, a burger with a fried egg, avocado, and truffle mayo. I'm getting hungry writing this. Lately I've been getting it bun-less on a bed of lettuce. The selection of fries is huge too. I get the green fries (green beans) and the sweet potato fires. A little loud to have an intimate dinner, but you can always get a table in the cellar where it's much quieter, or sit on the porch on a nice day. Nice place and fun for the kids.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have always enjoyed the pub food and drinks here. The service has always been on top of their game as well.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Situated in an old depot, this place oozes with atmosphere and repeat customers. One of the 'everyone knows your name' type places. Even first timers are made to feel welcomed. It's all about the burger here and they're well sized, done 'with some pink' or 'no pink' and interesting combinations to choose from. Not your run of the mill burger joint. Fries (can get the regular fries or hand cut, I chose the handcut) were wonderful. Only complaint - must have been a 1/4 head of lettuce on the burger.

Located behind the main street running through Simsbury (Hopmeadow) so for us non-residents you'll need to look for it (no signage that I could find showing the way).

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Large portions, good food but not the healthiest. If you need a burger fix, this is a good idea. Sweet potato fries are excellent.