“A pit ... horrible...”

Ranked #3 of 3 Simsbury B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“A pit ... horrible...”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

What a horrible hole in the wall! Absolutely disgusting, dirty and nasty! I was in Simsbury to see a band, and it was the only place I found. I stupidly did not check Trip Advisor, or else I would have never stayed there. All the negative reviews are true! There were nasty stains on the carpets, dirt on the walls, the picture frame was cracked, and about 1/2 of the light bulbs weren't even there! We even noticed the outlet was cracked when we went to plug in our cell phones - gee that's safe!!! Please don't consider staying here!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ptchfork

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Everytime I'm in the area I always stay at the Iron Horse Inn. The exceptional service at this establishment is unparalleled. Management was always willing to go out of their way to accomodate my needs. I can't say the same for other hotels.It's also in a a great location close to plenty of restaurants. The comforting atmosphere of the Iron Horse makes for a great stay. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank dps05001
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I had a great time while staying at The Iron Horse Inn. The service was great, the staff was extremely helpful, and the room was clean. I called the front desk at 10 PM the night I was there because I needed something, and the manager was prompt in helping me. The prices are very reasonable and the stay was comfortable. The next time I am in town, I am definitely going back to the Iron Horse Inn!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank niraldesai17
Troy, New York
Reviewed June 16, 2010

First of all the "suite" had mold on curtains, rugs were damp and bulging, ceiling had water damage on almost every tile, couch had rip and if you lifted cushions you would see major water stains, bathroom had crack in floor of tub and we had to tie a cloth around the shower so it would spray on us. It was extremely damp and I felt it was flooded in one of the storms they had. Pool was not opened and was told it would not be for a while. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2010
2 Thank unhappy48739

Travelers are raving about these Simsbury hotels

troy
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We recently stayed at the Iron horse inn because the photos on their website were beautiful, well once we got there we got the real truth this place is disgusting, we stayed in the apartment there was water damage on the ceilings, mold on the curtains, dont get me started about the tub and shower, we had to tie a wash cloth around the shower head just to hold it up. the room smelled of mold and must i would never recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank tjo1026
Greenville, SC
Reviewed February 24, 2010

I stayed there for 3 nights and had a comfortable stay. The staff was polite and the owner was attentive and helpful. I called the front desk a few times and each time I was immediately helped. I had requested more blankets and within 5 minutes, it was brought to me. The owner was very nice and suggested great restaurants to eat near by at. While checking in, the owner brought her new born baby along, but she did not let the baby come in the way of her checking me in. One could easily see that this is a family owned business but that did not hinder the professional and courteous service I received. The rooms were clean and comfortable as well.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank tictactoe20
mjolner
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Conveniently located for my needs, but obviously mismanaged. Repair work haphazardly done with mismatched materials and smelly hallways give this property a flophouse ambiance even though the rooms are reasonably clean. Front desk staff was unfriendly and brusque, (apparently we had interrupted her tv viewing or something). Returning after dinner, I had to call again because I lost money in both vending machines. First call was answered and hung up. Subsequent call was not answered. Next morning at check out, still no one there - a couple of keys laying on the counter. I declined to leave mine because anyone could have picked it up. I disposed of it on the road in a dumpster. The manager, (who was also {not} at the front desk - she told me she had a baby to take care of -that's why she did not answer - my problem?), called and emailed me demanding the return of the key and threatening to charge me for the cost of changing the locks. Unbelievable! As a hotel G.M. myself, I found this experience appalling.

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank mjolner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simsbury
The Simsbury Inn
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#2 of 7 in Farmington
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor

Been to The Iron Horse Inn? Share your experiences!