“Discover this New England Gem”

Simsbury 1820 House
Ranked #1 of 3 Simsbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My first experience at. B&B with significant other and our mini schnauzer. Checked in at the main house. Kai was at the desk along with Pam, resident 24/7 manager with two doggies of her own. Off we went to the Carriage House. Room 506 had an outside entrance and inside entrance. Perfect. Room was very comfortable, wonderful sheets, towels. Shower a tad small. Beautiful walking area in the Belden Forest that Mysty, the schnauzer, enjoyed. Metro Bis is the restaurant in the Main House. Ate there both nights. Service, staff, food and wine excellent. And we could walk "home" to the Carriage House..

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Simsbury 1820 House

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Very pleased with the place, location and service. Friendly personnel go the extra mile and give you valuable information on restaurants, and other activities. The hotel/house is gorgeous. Definetly an interesting place to stay for any reason..

Room Tip: Room # 210 had 2 windows looking to different directions
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Hugo O
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

This is a must stay hotel if you are traveling within 50 miles or more of Simsbury. The first person I spoke with as I walked up the porch steps, warmly welcomed me and right there and then set the tone for a great visit. The friendly young lady at registration couldn't have been nicer.

Room 201 is a corner room on the second floor and was just perfect with its luxurious large four poster bed, fine clean linens and comfortable feather mattress. The Eastern view of the mountains was beautiful and I slept soundly in a very quiet suite.

I had dinner at the Metro-Bis downstairs and enjoyed the company of the fine staff, Ryan and Elaine. The head bartender selected a California Chardonnay from Napa Valley that was the best I've had in a long time. It went very well with the fresh and very delicious halibut.

Michelin would give the 1820 House Four Stars.!!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Eburkartjr
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed for two nights and it was a wonderful experience. Spent my mornings hanging out in the sun filled parlor reading the NY Time's and drinking great coffee and eating yummy fresh baked breakfast items.

The innkeeper, Pam, was the highlight of our stay. She was funny, helpful and made us feel as though we were at home.

Our room was wonderful and I loved the real porcelain bathtubs. The whole Inn is filled with history. We borrowed bikes and toured the town with ease.

The Metro Bis restaurant can't be beat for dinner.

Don't miss it!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My Fiancee and I stayed here and had a very nice time, the room was clean and had all the amenities that we are used to from Marriott's. They have done some renovations from the last time we were here and it really shows. We had dinner in the restaurant which was with no exaggeration one of the best meals I can remember having... a bit on the pricey side but well worth it, the decor was great and the staff was friendly. What really topped off the experience was the Innkeeper Pam, she was extremely friendly, attentive and absolutely has a passion for hospitality. Highly recommended if you are in the area!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in two rooms in the carriage house. My husband in one & our teen sons in the other. Very comfortable. Lots of space. Nice people in town & working at the inn. Loved the old graveyard nearby & the Irish pub across the street - lots of good food & things to see with walking distance. Hiking trails nearby that we didn't have time for but will return again - we had a graduation at nearby avon old farms school & the distance was fine...we'd stayed closer in Avon in the past - really fell in love with simsbury.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have been to Simsbury many times but my stay on jan 18 was the 1st time I stayed at the Simsbury 1820 House. What a pleasant stay! The inn is very charming, the staff was very friendly, our room was cozy and the bed was extremely comfortable. We only stayed overnight but had a very nice complimentary continental breakfast before checking out.. The next time I am in Simsbury, I will definitely book the Simsbury 1820 House. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quaint New England inn experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simsbury
The Simsbury Inn
The Simsbury Inn
#1 of 1 in Simsbury
Avon Old Farms Hotel
Hartford Marriott Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Residence Inn Hartford Avon
Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport

Been to Simsbury 1820 House? Share your experiences!