“Pretty good local eats!”
Review of Thai Ocha

Thai Ocha
Ranked #13 of 56 Restaurants in Simsbury
Reviewed September 16, 2018

We don't have a lot of choices to eat in the Granby area but this is a decent option. It is not usually crowded so you can have a peaceful meal. The food is decent.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Tucked along a USA highway, this place is a neighborhood find that is good for out of town visitors

Ample parking. Lots of seating. Wine menu. Thai coffee. Tabletop space is not crowded.

The menu is varied and large. The spiciness can be lessened upon request.

We stuck to staples (curry lemongrass chicken, pad thai). Chicken was tender and moist, curry was flavorful. Servings were huge (but leftover are good for a second meal)

We will make this a regular place.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed April 30, 2018

We came in on a Thursday night and there was one person working the dining room. They were a bit slow on checking back with us, delivering drinks, etc. Later in the meal, a second person came in (I am guessing he was out on a delivery) and jumped in to help, picking up the pace and attentiveness.

Ordered an appetizer combo plate that was very tasty. I was pleased with the chicken Red Curry I ordered (as good or better than the usual Thai place I go to for lunch in Avon, Elephant Trail). My wife had a duck dish that was quite ample, but maybe a bit too sweetly sauced.

No complaints about the meal at all and will definitely return.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed January 1, 2018

Service is friendly and quick. Food seems authentic to me (though I still have Thailand on my bucket list, and don't actually know what real Thai food tastes like.). It's only been open a year, but it is very good, and draws a decent crowd at lunch and dinner.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

We’ve had take out a few times since they opened. The food is excellent, fresh ingredients, generous portions. Love the drunkin noodles and the papaya salad. We also really appreciate that spice level can be adjusted by taste when you order, very nice owners, prompt service.

Date of visit: December 2017