“Pleasant winery and enjoyable atmosphere”

White Silo Farm & Winery
Patterson, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Pleasant winery and enjoyable atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

White Silo is a small winery specializing in berry and rhubarb based wines. Their tasting room doubles as an art gallery with rotating exibits. Wines can be good to great depending on the harvest.

Visited March 2011

Newtown, CT
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Scenic Winery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Nice winery in a very scenic location. Different wines -- made from rhubarb and other fruits. Very good.

New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice trip, I've had better wines...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

White Silo is a quaint little farm/vineyard tucked away in Sherman, we drove from the New Haven area so it took about an hour. We, too, had the voucher from Travelzoo for a tasting, tour, lunch, glass of wine, free bottle and pick your own/seasonal jams. It really was a tremendous value as over 60% off. The tour was nice and very informative but short since the farm is probably 5 or 6 acres. The wines were all very sweet as they are fruit wines. The one I preferred the most was actually their rhubarb wine or maybe the sangria. I was less than excited to bring home a bottle, but it was included in the fare. I would easily say the boxed lunch provided was the best part, it was absolutely delicious! Here is the breakdown of the ratings:
- Farm --> ***

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very nice daytrip.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

I recently bought a voucher from Travelzoo to come up and visit the winery. The winery itself is not that spectacular, but for a lovely day trip to get out of the hustle of NYC and see some fall colors and pick some raspberries, you really couldn't ask for much more. The tour of the winery was led by a super enthusiastic young man, and I give him double thumbs up for his enthusiasm. The travel voucher came with packed picnic lunches and a wine tasting. All of which were very enjoyable. I brought along my 70-year old mother, and she can't stop raving about how nice the day at the winery was.

Visited October 2011
ny,ny
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“PERFECT RELAXING DAY TRIP!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

My husband & I went to the White Silo Farm & Winery on labor day weekend this year, along with 2 other couples. We had purchased a voucher on travelzoo, for a tasting, lunch, tour, and raspberry picking.

We enjoy going to wineries in the tri-state area ( LI, Hudson Valley), this is the most relaxing day we have ever spent at a winery.

Everything was well organized, and everyone was so friendly. The picnic lunch was delicious- everything was fresh, gourmet, and went wonderfully with the wine selections.

The wines, being fruit based, were very different and delicious.

I found the tour to be great as well- they showed us how they make their wines, and we were also able to tour the orchards which were beautiful, and filled with fresh delicous raspberries that we picked and ate straight off of the vines( no chemicals or sprays).

The winery/orchard was so relaxed- they had tables and chairs set up on the property- after our tour, we purchased a bottleof wine to share and just sat under a tree talking and listening to music. No one rushed us, bothered us.

I would recommend this for anyone who wanted to come out for a day, enjoy a great lunch and yummy wine, and not run around from place to place.

Visited September 2011