“A Lovely Experience in Picture-Perfect Sherman”
Review of Amore

Amore
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Sherman
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2014

If you are fortunate enough to find yourself driving through northern Fairfield County and into Litchfield County, do yourself a favor and plan a dinner stop in picture-perfect Sherman, CT at Amore. Located in the "center of town" (there is no town center, but it is where the action is, next to Rizzo's Garage where Routes 39 and 37 split), it possesses the charming exterior one would expect in a town of this size and historical significance. What caught me by surprise, delightfully, was the interior, the service and the menu. The interior has been updated and is absolutely lovely! Very pleasant color and decor selections. Service staff was top notch. And our meals were generous and delish. My daughter and I ordered pasta with mussels and baby clams in a light lemon and olive oil sauce; it was perfect. My husband ordered a seafood entree and enjoyed it immensely. This was our first time experience here, and we have decided that it will become a frequent stop; it was just that good. A perfectly delightful evening out. MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

1  Thank Beautyhuggeranonymous
There are newer reviews for Amore

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Another delicious meal at Amore. We enjoy the food, relaxed atmosphere, and bringing friends.
This evening, our apps were fried calamari and the fig - prosciutto special. Calamari was crisp with some zing, black figs were drizzled with balsamic and served atop a bed of arugula and generous serving of thinly sliced, sweet prosciutto and garden picked cherry tomato. A bottle of Chianti went well with both. We were looking forward to the signature fresh buffalo mozzarella, but to our surprise it was gone by the time we arrived,this night.
We had a variety of entrees including a special of freshly house- made pasta, garden fresh cherry tomatoes and half a lobster all finished with an olive oil, white wine reduction. Bronzino grilled, with a saffron risotto. Chicken Marsala and shrimp. Broiled seafood medley. Each entree was well prepared with fresh seasonal vegetables. Desserts of lemon sorbet, tiramisu, and Louisa's amazing strawberry cake.
Service is leisurely, not rushed at all and always makes me feel like I am in Italy - the table is yours for the evening.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Excellent Italian cuisine, nothing in the area compares. Friendly and gracious owners work very hard to make sure you experience at Amore will be memorable. Wait staff is very attentive and courteous. Outside seating for romantic summer nights. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Recently discovered this restaurant. I pass it frequently and did not realize it was open. Saw a review and decided to try it. Shared the grilled calamari with my husband and it was delicious. I had the sea bass and my husband had the mixed seafood grill. Both were yummy. We are going to try their pizza tomorrow. I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Had dinner here last night with my guy. We sat in the little quiet room to the left, which is much nicer, I thought. The service was prompt. Our strawberry walnut gorgonzola salad was very good. We then shared the grilled seafood platter with Salmon, Sea Bass, Shrimp and Calamari and it was very good. I would certainly recommend Amore !

1  Thank GoPlayOutside19