“Room and staff and area”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Snellville, United States
“Room and staff and area”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The room was nicely decorated and had a modern clean line feel. The bedding was clean and comfortable. The daily breakfast was fresh. The staff very all very friendly and thoughtful. Hotel conveniently located to many restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

fsolis77, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hampton Inn-Shelton on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate it! I am glad to hear that my staff and hotel was everything that you anticipated.
We hope to see you in the feature!

Fernando Solis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Turkish first
Mays Landing, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The room was quiet, clean and luxurious. The staff was helpful and competent. An excellent stay I recommend highly. The breakfast was great and the selection was amazing. Wish I could stay again but I have no reason to be in Shelton again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hampton Inn-Shelton on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate it! We pride ourselves in ensure all staff members to help every guest during their staff. Thank you again for staying with us!

North Redington Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2014

A great deal for the money. Other than a few hiccups where previous patron had removed page one of the resturants in the area from welcome book. also had a poorly designed thermostat which worked well but wasn't intuitively obvious where all the controls were and had some degree of difficulty reading them, We would stay there again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. I apologize about your thermostat, when you stay with us again; just dial zero and an agent will be right up to assist you. We thrive to make sure everything during your stay is perfect.
Thank you again for your review.
We hope to see you again soon.

Long Valley,NJ, United States
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We all had an outstanding time. The pool with the indoor/outdoor slide was fantastic. The children particularly enjoyed that. The pool was so clean and the water was a perfect temperature for all of us. We will difinitely be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Kathleen G
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hampton Inn-Shelton on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate it! The pool is my favorite amenity at the hotel, I am glad you enjoyed it as much as I do!
I hope that you are able to come back and stay with us soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start with this hotel? Probably with all the happy staff. Smiling faces day and night will be the only thing surrounding you when you walk through this beautiful hotel. They're so helpful and friendly. DO NOT be shy to ask for ANYTHING here. I requested maid service to come at a later time due to my hectic schedule and (like a genie) they granted my request. They will provide Extra towels or sheets for me anytime. These staff will go above and beyond to ensure you feel right at home, whether it's a short or long stay.
The rooms are spacious with double doors to a marble sink in your restrooms. Showers are easy to use and the water... HOT (just the way I like it!) There is also side to relax in every room with a chair, computer desk, microwave, and refrigerator (if not set right can be your own personal freezer (ice cream anyone?!?)). A beautiful room with one of the MOST COMFORTABLE beds I've ever slept on! The internet is fast perfect speed to help me do all my tasks in no time. Gym, pool, business room, and laundry are all provided here.
Nearby are great restaurants, bars, wine store, even a Walgreens! HOW CONVIENIENT?!?
But no matter how big or beautiful it is, this establishment will be nothing without these great staff. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND staying here

• Stayed April 2014
Wow, thank you very much for such a wonderful review here on Tripadvisor! Our team here at the Hampton Inn is truly an amazing staff and we pride ourselves on ensure ever guests thoroughly enjoys their entire stay. I love hearing you took advantage of all the great amenities we have as well!
I do hope you will be joining us again in the near future!

Fernado Solis
Newtown Pa, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This was a great place to stay with a very professional and helpful staff and the topper was it was "pet friendly" which made our travel plans so much easier. We would definitely recommend this hotel too all of our friends and neighbors.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hampton Inn-Shelton on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate it! I am glad to hear you enjoyed all the extra amenities the Hampton Inn has to offer including being pet friendly!
I hope that you are able to come back and stay with us soon!

CT
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed here for New Year's Eve for a small getaway for my 9 year old to a hotel with an indoor pool with a waterslide in the winter. The hotel did not disappoint us. The room was spacious.
The pool was busy and there is no life guard, alot of the children were running and not necessarily waiting until the person in front had gone far enough done the slide. They did not seem to car though and all loved the waterslide. To use it, you climb up a circular stairway to the top and then go down through a tube which is enclosed but goes outside the building, and end up in a trough at the bottom. It doesn't empty back onto the pool.
The breakfast was more than minimal but there can be a line during peak times, especially for the waffle maker. There is a pantry off the lobby that has snacks and drinks for sale. There are also several restaurants in close proximity and some do deliver,.
Although its not a resort, I would definately stay here again for a quick getaway or if I had to be down in that area early enough to want to stay overnight.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
fsolis77, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor; I appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel! The waterslide is my personal favorite and I am glad to hear you and your family enjoyed it during your stay. Although, we don’t have a life guard on duty, we have our staff check the pool on a regular basis to ensure very guest is enjoying themselves. I am sorry to hear that you experienced otherwise. I do hope you come back for a little getaway very soon!

Fernando
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
New Haven Village Suites
New Haven Village Suites
#5 of 12 in New Haven

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton? Share your experiences!