“Clean upscale hotel. Would recommend to anyone”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Shelton, Connecticut
“Clean upscale hotel. Would recommend to anyone”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The hotel is so clean. The staff was nice and very helpful. The breakfeast was good. Not bad for a free breakfeast. Get there early though like 8am. Overall a great experience would definitely and will come back. Worth the price.

• Stayed March 2014
fsolis77, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hampton Inn-Shelton on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate it! I am glad to hear that my staff and hotel was everything that you anticipated and that you will be coming back in the feature!
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Fernando Solis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
Warren, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The room was very clean and comfortable and the hotel staff was a pleasure to deal with. I look forward to coming back again. it is situated near the interstate and there are shopping and activities close by. Plenty of parking too, and they also have a neat indoor/outdoor water slide - Awesome indeed!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

fsolis77, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor! I certainly appreciate all of your comments and wanted to recognize them! Thanks for recognizing how clean and convient our hotel is.
Thanks for your recommendation and I hope we see you again soon!

Fernando
Vineland, Nj
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel has great rooms. They are very well laid out. Lots of little extras; big flat-screen TV's, spacious, comfortable furniture ,solid wifi, microwave/fridge. The room was quite clean. I hit a problem with heat in my first room (it suddenly went off). However, not only did they give me a new room promptly, but they even delivered the keys to me and it was just a few rooms down...I didn't have to go down to the desk. A decent free breakfast. Although I didn't use it, they had a decent workout room and an indoor pool. Front desk people were terrific.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hampton Inn-Shelton on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate it! I am glad to hear you enjoyed all the extra amenities the Hampton Inn has to offer from the flat-screen TV to indoor pool. I am very sorry to hear that you had a heating issue in your room; our engineering staff has been informed to fix the issue so it doesn’t happen in the feature. It is reassuring to hear my Front Desk staff acted within a timely manner to correct the issue. We pride ourselves on ensuring your stay is as smooth as possible, in the instant that you encounter an issue. We do everything we can to rectify the situation as soon as possible.
I hope that you are able to come back soon and enjoy all of the amenities we have to offer!

Hope to see you again!
Fernando Solis
Bangalore, India
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed three times at Hampton Inn, Shelton, CT. All the three times - my experience has been excellent - right from the front desk at the time of check-in to the last point of check-out. Courtesy, Ambience and facilities are very good. I will stay Hampton Inn hotels wherever I travel in USA

dayton, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Overall experience at this hotel was great. The rooms were nice and spacious with very clean bathrooms. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We were greeted every time we entered or exited the hotel.

Bridgeport, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We came for a brief getaway from the cold to enjoy a warm pool with a great waterslide, and a nice breakfast. We were not disappointed. I would have loved to have a hot tub as well, but the kids enjoyed the slide and that was enough for me. The towels could be a bit softer to make it more pleasurable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

chicago,il
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed here for a business trip and it was the nicest Hampton I have ever stayed at. I am a HHonors Diamond Member and stay at many Hilton properties throughout the year and was pleasently surprised by this Hapton. Great rooms, nice bathroom, soft bedding, typical Hampton breakfast, great hotel decor, and overall a great stay. Internet speed was just average but that was the only non-positive thing I could say about this place. If I am in this part of Connecticut again, I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton? Share your experiences!