“Hampton Inn”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, United States
“Hampton Inn”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I love this hotel, I have stayed there twice before. It is a great value and a treat to stay there. I love the modernity of the hotel. Only thing is, I wish that there was a bar/resturant at the hotel. Pool is wonderful too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Turkish first
Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Recently stayed over the weekend for 2 nights. Arrived early to hotel and stopped in to ask what time we could check in; the employee behind the desk stated that they actually had a room available now. This was excellent due to long traffic we had just driven through. Room was very well laid; just did not get why half of bathroom door did not unlock. We immediately made use of the pool and waterslide; this makes staying at this place a benefit. Able to ride slide as many times as u want without the normal wait at a waterpark. We felt we were in our own waterpark due to us seeing nobody else in pool area for entire 2 hours we were down their. We must of use the pool/waterslide about 6-7 different times throughout the entire weekend. The hotel seems like prime place for pool parties (even though employees state that they do not allow this at the hotel). Must of been 30-40 tween girls running around the hotel and staying in various rooms. They were pretty quite for the most part. Their are several malls within a short drive; Trumbull Mall and Conneticut Post Mall. Both are large and have various restaruants/stores in them.
Another reason we came was to go to Beardsley Zoo; Day we went they were having something special so admission was free; if i had to pay, i would not have been happy attending this zoo. Better off atteding Roger Williams in RI or the Bronx Zoo.
Main problem occurred at night time; One of people who were staying at hotel due to their employer paying for them to stay their; had recently got a newborn puppy and was staying in their room. The dog cried and cried non-stop all nite until the dogs owner returned at about 9am from working over night. The front desk staff were excellent and went out of their way several times to fix situation but it did not help. I made best of situation and stayed downstairs watching tv in lobby and conversating with front desk staff for the weekend. The staff did not charge me for the entire weekend for this problem and I was not expecting this at all. Hampton Inn really does follow their motto "If you are not 100% satisfied, you will not be charged for your stay" I will defintely be back to this hotel to use that fantastic waterslide/pool but will make sure to ask for a room on a high floor away from the pets so i can get a good nites sleep. I look forward to talking w/ the staff next time I come and hope all Hampton Inn's match up to level of care and attention of this one.

Room Tip: Ask for room on floor above 3rd floor due to no pets allowed on these.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was expecting to being treated nicely. I had previously stayed back in 2007. We were in town for a wedding. We returned for a family graduation. My brother had suggested this hotel because he could get us a good rate from his employer. I was doubled charged for 2 days of my stay. The front staff disagreed with me. I should of printed out my statement to prove I was not lying. However I did not think that would be necessary. The young man at the front desk was condescending and very rude. Nora stepped in however she was rude at first. I will never ever return to this hotel chain ever. My family will also never return. I will continue to let my friends know about my horrible visit.I was promised by an evening staff member that the accounting department would resolve my problem and I would receive a call. That was not true. Your customer service is extremely poor. I am sorry to say that I will never recommend chain eve. I will continue to share my bad experience. IBM should not have their employees stay here. The small discount is not worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Sweet J
Dorado, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Hampton Inn Shelton was a positive experience and stay - Great Staff - location with basic shopping and descent restaurants. Go though Sears to exit property makes life easier. Typical Hampton Inn Breakfast! Will always stay here when in the area doing business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Ridgeway, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hotels has friendly staff, clean rooms and amenities, and a 2 story waterslide and a pool. My kids and I really loved the pool and slide. I liked having a fitness room that was clean and had up to date equipment. Easy access off Route 8 and not far from restaurants, shopping, & a Wal-Mart.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Tarpon Springs, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Clean & modern rooms which are well laid out for the business traveler as was the entire hotel. Loved the breakfast on the go option available at the front desk and the 24/7 coffee bar in the lobby.Excellent location. Great value. I will stay here again on my next trip to the area in November.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The staff was very friendly without being overbearing. The common areas are spotless and so are the rooms. There's easy access to major routes, a lot of spots to get a bite to eat and, of course, waffles for breakfast.
The Hampton Inn is quickly becoming my favorite hotel chain. I will definitely be staying here the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
New Haven Village Suites
New Haven Village Suites
#5 of 12 in New Haven
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton? Share your experiences!