“Worst marriot ever I got no sleep had no hear complained and someone said it was fixed it was like a car heater u feel it when i”
Review of Courtyard Shelton

Courtyard Shelton
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed February 12, 2014

If u don't need sleep stay here !!! I stayed here for work and got 10 min of sleep stay away
Location not good either
Heater so loud and nothing comes out .. 160 bucks this place makes super r 8 look like luxury

• Stayed February 2014
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
I am so sorry you found your guest room unacceptable. We work very hard to keep our guest rooms in good order and an unacceptable guest room is not the standard at our hotel. My sincerest apologies. I hope you consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Front desk service needs improvement. No initiative, aloof, and very unconcerned.

Crystal - needs to learn how to make decisions and use common sense. It's not difficult.

This is the first and last time I stay at this location - thank Crystal.

Bathroom tubs also need bleaching on a weekly or more basis. I hope I don't get athletes foot. Shampooing the sticky carpets wouldn't hurt either.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank NY_critic_112
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for providing us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel. Comments and suggestions from our guests enable us to continually improve and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of travelers like yourself. Once again, the time taken along with the effort made to share your observations with us is most appreciated.
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed 2 nights there. I paid for the room when I checked in and a few days after I checked out I noticed a charge on my card for $250.00 I questioned it through an employee I know, and was told it was for damage to the room. Housekeeping is claiming there was a huge stain on the carpet under the chair ottoman in the room. Now I don't know about you, but I don't move all the furniture around when I check into a room looking for damage. I never sat in the chair/ottoman let alone spilled anything. I was told to call the manager Kerry Lacey. For the last 3 days I have left numerous messages for her and she refuses to return calls. I called their corporate HQ and spoke to Brandon. He said there is nothing they can do, it has to be handled at the location. At this point I'm ready to file in small claims or go to the news media. I never damaged anything (I even brought my own garbage bags) but they refuse to hear my side of the story. So here is my advice- if you check into this hotel move ALL the furniture in the room before housekeeping and management make up a story that you damaged the room. Because the general manager will not return your calls, and corporate can care less how their customers are treated.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tina m
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that there were some issues that you were not completely satisfied with. I thank you for your feedback as it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience.
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Courtyard by Marriott at Shelton provides good accommodation. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a good size and provided with a fridge, microwave and coffee making facilities. Major problem is with the air conditioning. It is so loud that you would think a truck was driving through your room. Not great if you want the AC on during the night. Dining facilities are not great but their are a few restaurants nearby.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Graham T
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
It is nice to read how nice and friendly you found our staff here at the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton. Thank you for such a nice review and for your business. We hope to see you again soon!
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I am a business traveler who has made the Marriott Courtyard in Shelton my home-away-from home just about every week. Why? Simply stated...the staff! This is a group of warm, friendly, professional and caring people. They ensure my personal satisfaction is exceeded whether it's my room, the food, a drink at the bar, a ride to work on the shuttle and even the occasional special request. This team knows how to treat their guests!

Recently rennovated, you can trust that you will be in an environment of cleanliness and comfort. I also feel quite safe as their front desk and bar staff are vigilent about who is coming and going to and from lobby area.

Thank you to the wonderful employees at the Marriott Courtyard in Shelton who never skip a beat! I can't help but give a special thanks to Heather (front desk) and John (bartender) who always make sure I am greeted with a smile and treated as if I was a member of their family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ann G
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton. Your kind words regarding our staff will certainly be shared with them. Your business is greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next trip our way.
Coram, New York
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was warm welcomed at this hotel and it was wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly and quick to assist with requests. The hotel was originally recommended to me by a family member and I would absolutely encourage other family, friends and strangers alike to stay here if visiting Shelton, CT in the future.

Room Tip: Suites are amazing
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AJ D
We are glad to read you think you had a warm welcome and a wonderful experience while here with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton. Thank you for your review and for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon!
Seymour, Connecticut
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I booked 2 rooms just before Christmas for myself and friends from Colombia. The staff was warm and welcoming and the rooms were very comfortable, clean, and quiet. The hotel is close to the highway but views from the windows include lots of trees, making a beautiful scene with the early snowfall. I've stayed here before and always enjoy it. Can't say enough about the wonderful staff, especially those at the reception desk. They smile and say welcome when you're barely in the door. They really make you feel at home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Laura H
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
 We always enjoy hearing from our return guests! We here at the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton pride ourselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
#2 of 6 in Shelton
Hilton Garden Inn Shelton
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Courtyard Shelton? Share your experiences!