“Love this hotel”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Seymour, Connecticut
“Love this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I booked 2 rooms just before Christmas for myself and friends from Colombia. The staff was warm and welcoming and the rooms were very comfortable, clean, and quiet. The hotel is close to the highway but views from the windows include lots of trees, making a beautiful scene with the early snowfall. I've stayed here before and always enjoy it. Can't say enough about the wonderful staff, especially those at the reception desk. They smile and say welcome when you're barely in the door. They really make you feel at home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Laura H
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
 We always enjoy hearing from our return guests! We here at the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton pride ourselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel back to back weeks and had a wonderful experience both times. The staff was very friendly and quick to assist with requests. I particularly enjoyed using the gym at the Courtyard Marriott in Shelton during my stay as the room was always clean and the equipment was new and fully functioning. The hotel was originally recommended to me by a family member and I would absolutely encourage other family, friends and strangers alike to stay here if visiting Shelton, CT in the future.

Room Tip: Really can't go wrong. I stayed in a double bed in the front of the building and king suite in t...
1 Thank CharlesMcDermott
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
We are glad to read your two week stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton was a wonderful experience and how much you praised our staff. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have been traveling to the area for the past 2 years and by far the staff is exceptional with its service and trying to accomdate my requests. If you are in the area I would highly recommendly staying. Also has a full service bar, which some other hotels in the area do not.

1 Thank David M
We are happy to read you are one of our return guests here at the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton and are happy you enjoyed our lounge area. Thank you for all your kind words about our hotel and staff. Hopefully we will see you again soon!
Wallingford, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and the staff are very friendly, location very convenient and rooms and exceptional. I have spent time at the bar ate at the restaurant and I have always been treated first class. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: Don.t stay too close to elevators.
1 Thank Donald E
Return guests are always great to hear from and your review is very important to us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton. Thank you for so many compliments and for your business. We look forward to your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

The Courtyard Marriott in Shelton makes me look forward to travel, even if it is for business. (stayed for multiple weeks during 2012 and 2013). I always recommend it to all my colleagues in the world. It has all the amenities to create a warm and conformable environment. I truly feel that it is "home away from home". The staff are welcoming, efficient and friendly. The car park has plenty of space. Despite many alternatives in the area, I have never hesitated re-booking at the Courtyard Marriott in Shelton. And I will add a special note to John (your friendly bar tender) and Heather (smiley and efficient at the front desk). Like I tell my team, it is the quality of the people that makes a good business

Gael, UK

Room Tip: I have experienced a stay on most floor. They are all quiet and comfy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gael P
It is great to read you have stayed with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton many tines and will do so again. Thank you for all your kind words regarding our staff and we will be sure to let them know. Your business is greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Been travel to the area for 13 years and stayed in all the local hotels. The Courtyard Marriott is the best in the area. Unlike most courtyards, they have a full service bar. They are very accommodating. They stock specific wines based on my request. Try and find that in another Courtyard. Nice people, good service, decent rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Your remarks concerning our hotel the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton is especially great because you have stayed in all hotels in our area. Thank you so much for such a great review and for your business. We look forward to your next visit.
Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

I visited the Courtyard Marriott this past weekend as a birthday gift from my children as a time to get away for myself. What a great experience! The rooms were cozy, the staff was friendly and cared to all of my needs, the lounge was welcoming due to the fireplace (what a nice touch), and the BBQ chicken flatbread I had for dinner was delicious! One thing that stood out from all other hotels that I've stayed at was how clean this hotel is! The housekeepers make sure they sanitize the remote controler for the TV and also cover the remote in plastic to let us know what a nice touch! If I would have to recommend any hotel in the area to my family or friends who plan to visit, the Courtyard will definitely be the one!

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the hall are very quiet and a lovely view from a high floor!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
We are happy you think we have a terrific hotel here at the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton. Thank you for all your kind words and your business. We hope to be able to host you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
#2 of 6 in Shelton
Hilton Garden Inn Shelton
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County

Been to Courtyard Shelton? Share your experiences!