“Great time at dinner. Don't miss this one!”
Review of Red Lotus

Red Lotus
Ranked #1 of 134 Restaurants in Shelton
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Boutique Asian cuisine with very selective dishes from around the world. Full line of Certified Organic Spirits, Wines, and Sakes. Gluten Free and Organic Food Specials.
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Good, unique choices, could order off the menu, knowledgeable and friendly staff. Owner offered us his homemade smoked salmon appetizer. Wonderful! All six of us enjoyed everything we ordered. Will definitely be back. Owner spent some time with us and made sure we were happy. We usually experience this only when on vacation or at some celebrity chef restaurants..

Reviewed July 26, 2014

I visited on a Friday evening with my girlfriend and from the moment we stepped in the door, we felt like special guests arriving at someone's home. Red Lotus is tucked in a strip mall and looks quite plain from the outside, but inside it has a crisp, conservative, new-age Asian fusion feel. The entire restaurant was impeccably clean, and the wait staff was excellently trained. Everyone was attentive and able to discuss any item on the menu in detail.

We tried a red snapper sushi special which came with chopped mango and a lemon vinegarette that was quite refreshing and the perfect mix of fresh tender fish and a citrus bite. For my meal, I enjoyed the Schezuan Beef dish and my girlfriend was raving about her Sea Bass. The drink menu is especially quirky, and all of the cocktails are made from very fresh ingredients. I had a ginger mojito that was a little stronger on the traditional mojito flavor, but with a very mild ginger note. Everything was made perfectly and the service was some of the best I have experienced in recent memory.

The only reason I almost gave 4 instead of 5 stars is because of the price for the portion size. The food was quite good, but I felt that the drinks and certain food dishes were a little too pricey. Certainly not a place that we will come every night, but it is quite a treat.

1  Thank Jordan R
Reviewed July 22, 2014

7/22/14

Dined at Red Lotus in Shelton with friends on Friday, July 18 around 5:30p. Happy hour is 7 days a week from 4:30p to 6:30p - I asked for a Cucumber Martini: it was great as it had a very delicate taste with slender strips of cucumber for garnish; I will order Cucumber Martinis here for the remainder of Summer. This time around instead of having my standard Pad Thai Chicken I ordered the Red Lotus Roll (lobster salad & cooked shrimp with cucumber topped with a sauce; i didn't use the Spicy Kani sauce that accompanies the Red Lotus Roll but requested a moderate- flavor sauce, crunch added with creamy yuzu dressing) - excellent and very filling. Service staff was attentive and efficient. Red Lotus is a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Went here to eat a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised! The chef made me an off the menu meal that was fantastic! The pork dumplings were really tasty along with the sushi which was very fresh! The staff is very very friendly and knowledgeable of their menu. Was so good the first time we went we had to go back again..last night! Will visit again for sure! Five ***** !

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

The decor is a lil tacky, but the food is tremendous. I had hibachi and my girlfriend had sushi. We both agree that it was the best Asian food we had in CT. Will be coming back soon.