“Great food and great price”
Review of Trattoria Roma

Trattoria Roma
Ranked #25 of 131 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: Italian
“Great food and great price”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The food is delicious and usually consistent as long as Carlo is in the kitchen. The prices are good and you get a dish enough to please anyone. The Tuesday night special is a great deal and a perfect spot for families. Great pizza and pastas

Plainville, Connecticut
“Good Italian Food, Huge Portions, and Low Prices”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Very small place tucked in a strip mall off the main road very near the Jones Vineyard and Farm.
Very pleasant staff. Seated 8 of us immediately.
Nice apps and warm homemade bread/ rolls.
Chicken and Sausage special was plentiful and very spicey. Italian combo was excellent. Salads were crisp. We were 8 for 8 on entrees. Veal was superb and a huge portion. 7/8 had take home boxes. Very reasonable to inexpensive. Waitress was very attentive. Frank Sinatra music all night. A great value. We shall return.

3 Thank BillP1123
Southbury, Connecticut
“Great Value”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I will join the other reviewers on TripAdvisor in recommending TrattorIa Roma.

Before visiting a friend in Shelton, I checked out TripAdvisor to find a place for a casual Saturday evening dinner. Based on the other reviews, I chose Trattoria Roma.

It is a small place, tucked away in a shopping plaza. The dining room is actually a bit cramped, as tables are located very close to one another. A trip to the restrooms must be made with the greatest of care so as not to jostle a fellow diner.

Having said that, I really liked the place, and I would return without hesitation. The calamari was cooked to perfection. A dish that I had never tried before - Veal Sorrentino was satisfying and generous. I had to take some home. And my most sincere kudos go to the kitchen for taking the time to drain the pasta so that the usual pool of tomato flavored water didn't accumulate at the bottom of the bowl. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

We didn't inquire about dessert because we were too full from dinner.

Service was friendly and efficient.

Dinner for 2, 2 soft drinks, 2 appetizers, 2 entrées, tax and tip was $60.00. No complaints from me or my dining companion. This will be go-to restaurant next time I'm in town.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank REGT
“Hooray ! Great Italuan food in Shelton!”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Finally! A fantastic place for terrific pizza and delicious meals. Until we found Trattoria Roma there really wasn't much to choose from. We order or visit at least once a week. They never disappoint!

3 Thank Blondiegirly
Monroe
“very good”
Reviewed March 12, 2011

very good food here, large portions, friendly staff.

What else is there ? I highly recommend it !

Visited February 2011