“Truly a first class operation!!!”

IL Palio Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
IL Palio Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 135 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bridgeport Ave.
Description: Housed in a magnificent building, this luxe Northern Italian restaurant makes you feel thousands of miles from the Shelton corporate park where it is located. Il Palio is known for its homemade Italian cuisine, an extensive wine list, and exceptional service in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I must say that Fairfield County has some wonderful restuarants, but this is truly the best of the best!!! Five Star!!! First you walkin to a spectacular entrance with the bar in front of you! They have two dinning rooms one on the left and one on the right! Upstairs they have a private room and downstairs on the lower level another bar and outdoor patio!!! The food is exceptional and the staff is professional! Check their website out! This is a must!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first time here. Our waiter had several large tables but the host checked in on us a few times too so we never felt neglected. I loved my appetizer which consisted of 3 large scallops with a tomato salsa and balsamic drizzle. My main dish of risotto was not as successful. It featured shrimp, pesto and string beans but what ruined it for me was the addition of purple potatoes. It was pretty but not that good. My husband had lasagna which was presented in a cast iron frying pan. He enjoyed it.

I expected a bit more atmosphere but to be fair, we arrived at 7 PM so it was still light outside. Also, ithe dining room was a bit loud for our special occasion.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had a party of seven and we had no issues with anything the whole night. The appetizers were really amazing. The dinners were also delicous. The hardest thing was narrowing the choices down to one. Luckily my friends all offered to share.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a party of twenty and it couldn't have been better! Kevin our server was more than attentive and Sue behind the bar was superb! They followed every detail from the planning stages and accommodated the smallest of requests! I would highly recommend this restaurant for an intimate dinner for two or a large party in their tent! Oh and Karaoke that night was a BLAST!!!!!! Well done!

2  Thank JohnJohn0426
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The restaurant was very close to the hotel I where I was staying. As a single business traveler, I cozied up at the bar. Sue, the bartender introduced herself to me, and was so friendly and funny. This place is obviously a hangout for regulars, she knows everybody! She introduced me to everyone that came in, she was a hoot!

I had the halibut special. It was excellent. I was very pleased with the food and the service and would return in a heartbeat.

Go!