“Small, cozy meeting spot”
Review of Stockbridge's Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Stockbridge's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: http://www.sbcheesecakes.com/Awesome gourmet cafe with out of this world cheesecake!!
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This reminds me of a tea room rather than a restaurant. Small tables for 2 predominate, perfect for a one on one light breakfast or lunch. Not a diner atmosphere, more "frilly". French toast was lovely but a small portion. This room is small with no real waiting area if no table is available, so arrive early. Not a place to have a super private conversation because the tables are close together but the overall atmosphere is charming.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I didn't know what to expect from a place that specializes in cheesecake located on the main street of one of Connecticut's more industrial towns. The surprise began when we walked through the door. Behind the unassuming storefront lies the atmosphere of an English tea room with lace tablecloths. Our server, Jerry, looked like he had stepped out of a Dickens novel.

My wife and I started our lunch with pumpkin bisque, delicately flavored and just the thing to counter the brisk weather on the day we visited. Stockbridge's makes an excellent baked mac and cheese, too, served in a crock with mixed greens and a tasty vinaigrette on the side. My daughter opted for somethng from the breakfast menu and got an enormous omelet served with a side of home made hash browns.

We didn't linger for dessert but took a whole pumpkin cheesecake with us to eat with dinner later that day. It was a fluffy concoction with substantial flavor and superb texture. When I opened the box, I found a small envelope inside marked cheesecake slicer. I wasn't sure quite what to do with it since there seemed to be nothing inside. I couldn't imagine slicing the cheesecake with the edge of a manila envelope. Curiosity got the better of me. I opened the envelope to find some curled fishing line which makes a perfect cheesecake slicer, much better than a knife.

Lunch for three came to $61 including the take out cheesecake and tip. I hope to be back soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a very enjoyable luuch. I ordered from the breakfast menu- I had the custom egg white omelet with five items. I picked spinach, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, tomatoes and goat cheese. It came with choice of toast and home fries as well as a slice of cantaloupe. It was very tasty and filling. My husband had a cup of clam chowder and a grill chicken sandwich with mozzarella cheese and balsamic sauce, he liked his a lot too. There is lots to choose from for dessert- cheesecake, cookies, pastries. We were too full for dessert but took a brownie and two chocolate chip cookies home. Our service was very good as well.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Nice brunch. Good sandwiches. They are known for their desserts (particularly cheesecake) but I didn't partake.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was super excited to return to Stockbridge for tea after my first visit in June. Something as gone wrong; we had to seat ourselves after we self greeted ourselves. Some patrons were having lunch others were having tea. Our waitress although pleasant seemed quite frazzled & a tad inconvenienced that she had to break down lunch setting and set up tea. The food and tea took forever to come, at least 30 minutes. It was 2 cold sandwiches and pre-made scones and desert pastries. We were not even offered water while we waited. The servers go back to the kitchen as no one can be found if you need a spoon, napkin etc. As we finished, she came to see how everything was, too late we were done! She left the check and never came back. We waited about 10-15 minutes & walked back to the kitchen area to pay. No one came out until someone walked in and a buzzer rang and someone eventually came out looking surprised that I wanted him to take my money. FYI, do not lock the bathroom door, you won't get out. The lock sticks and there is no one around to help.
The sandwiches were good, chicken with curry and ham, Brie and raspberry jam, goodies fair. I will return again as the cheesecake is the best ever but I hope the service improves otherwise they ill be selling cheesecakes online only.