“Terrible Food!”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #19 of 129 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
shelton, ct
“Terrible Food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Consistently bad food. I have tried the salmon entree about 5 times and it always comes out like a previously frozen hockey puck. I kept hoping it would get better each time I went, but stays bad.
This last visit I decided to get the lobster tail/sirloin combo. What a mistake. The tail was freezer-burned cotton-like texture about the size of a large shrimp, and the sirloin was as thin as a McDonald's burger, and I mean the regular burger not the quarter-pounder. The Heineken were $5.25 ea. and that's the most I've ever paid anywhere. Facility is clean and friendly but the food is a poor value.

Borgosesia
“the blooming onions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

steak house with real high value steak. I strongly suggets to test the "blooming onions" but only if later on you do not have to have a speach or to kisse someone!
Price convenient. Really recommended!

Connecticut
“We'll never go back to Outback!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband ordered the Surf and Turf...the steak was paper thin and tasteless...lobster tail had freezer burn and was over cooked!
I ordered grilled salmon...prev frozen and over cooked...my sweet pot was also over cooked...the brocoli was prev frozen and very bright green which leads me to think there was some type of additives used...the only thing good was the loaf of bread and butter.
It was happy hour but the bottled beer was $5.25 each.
BTW...this is the usual...we started eating there when it first opened around 5 years ago...we stay away for a while and then try it again...but we will now never try it again!

Middlebury, Connecticut, United States
“Good food for the money and close to the hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Food was as good as you get for Outback and the staff was cordial and helpful. Will go back. Close to the hotel too.

Visited March 2013
Stratford, Connecticut, United States
“Good service, good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Have been here before, with our book club, and with my husband. Went there yesterday for dinner/dessert early. Best time to go on Friday, Saturday is after 2:30, before 5:30. My husband has a 12 oz steak that looked yummy. I had a late lunch so had their new dessert for dinner - waffles with strawberries. Great service (we knew the server from past experiences), got what we ordered in a timely manner. Wings also looked good. Refills were on the money as well. The only issue was seating - first table the hostess wanted to put us at was next to the bathroom - the entire section was available. Um...no. We asked to move - no trouble - we did. Looking forward to our book club meeting - we go on Sundays about every other month. They let us alone, knowing we will tip well to be left alone. No worries about taking up a table on a Sunday afternoon.