“Shameful excuse for Italian cuisine”

Casa Nova Ristorante
Ranked #38 of 135 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Waited 25 minutes on a slow night to overpay a rude employee for a anemic eggplant parm grinder with cold roll, no sauce and rubbery mozzarella .

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Descent service and food in a very unique and modern dinning room. Our food was ok, our waitress was right on point and very professional. We didn't have to wait much and as we were we remarked on how nice the dinning room was. Our food was out in jiffy. I had the veal with pasta while my wife had the pizza. Both meals were ok as we had a lot for left overs. My ziti was really good and I enjoyed the sauce. My salad was solid too. The prices were really ok, as it didn't cost a arm and a leg to eat there. I would like to give them a second chance sometime and maybe the food will be more impressive. Great place to go during the week if you want something quick and not to pricey.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

In an area where Italian restaurants seemingly are on every corner, this place stands out. The food was very good, especially the chicken parm. The service was very good and attentive, even with a party of eight. The only complaint I would have about this place is that the restaurant is small and the noise factor can be a little high.

1  Thank ArkansasRazorbacker
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This jewel of a restaurant is a find in Shelton! I live in Boston area and wanted a nice comfortable place to have a 60th Anniversary celebration at the end of September for my parents who live in Huntington, CT. Casa Nova's Belle Notte Room upstairs from the restaurant was perfect!
The room was beautifully decorated, easily accommodated our party of 30 in a U shape table arrangement, has parking behind the restaurant with a shorter set of stairs which was great for my elderly parents and bringing in party goodies. There is also a nice restroom on the same floor and plenty of space for the buffet and extra tables to hold gifts or to display photographs, etc... The restaurant is located on a scenic drive along the Housatonic River and has a lovely view from the room.
The buffet was wonderful, food delicious and so reasonably priced. We chose: Chicken Picatta, Meatballs, Ziti, Sausage and Peppers, Roasted Potatoes and Salad. It was all prepared perfectly. Many went back for seconds!
Flora, the daughter was a pleasure to work with. She is friendly, super efficient and felt like part of the family! She made the entire event run seamlessly, from pouring the Prosecco on time, bringing up and down all those trays of food and even cutting the cake for dessert and then putting slices in the favor boxes I brought for our guests to take home. She was key in the success of the entire event.
I will say my first impression besides the website - was when I called to inquire about the date being available, I spoke with the owner/father Jimmy. He was so warm and accommodating I knew this was the right place for our family.
A month later - we went back to eat in the restaurant and celebrate my Dad's 89th birthday this past Saturday. The restaurant is very comfortable and has a very warm, trendy vibe. I understand they just renovated/updated it this past May and it looks great. It could rival any restaurant in Boston/Cambridge area. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Veal parmigiana, pasta primavera, angel hair pasta Casa Nova and chicken marsala - all delish and enough to bring home for lunch the next day!
My only suggestion would be to update the website to reflect all of the hard work this family has done to update and invest in this wonderful jewel of a restaurant. I'm sure as busy as they all are - they are working on it as I type.
We will happily go back again to try other dishes and their pizza. BTW, it was packed on Saturday night - I was glad we made the reservation - however they had no problem accommodating everyone - and with a smile. The wait staff is also fabulous! Great job everyone!

6  Thank Carolyn4evr
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This was our favorite place in town... And it just got better !!! They renovated the restaurant and added an outdoor patio. The interior is very modern with a 12 foot wine rack and a round booth. The food tastes even better than I remember. We were a party of four. The service was great.. Just love the place !!!

4  Thank Epuzzler