“Great hometown spot” 5 of 5 bubbles

Huntington Street Cafe
Ranked #86 of 129 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Description: Come experience our gourmet coffees,teas & flavored lattes,Breakfast wraps & Omelettes,Gourmet lunch sandwiches, gourmet cakes & desserts. We are now open for dinner and have wine, beer and some liquor! Now open 7 days a week. We have Live music on weekend nights in a warm indie atmosphere.
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Great hometown spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I finally ate at the Huntington Street Cafe last week after several friends had recommended it. Great cafe/pub atmosphere, cozy, feels like you're in someone's home. Great food, personalized service. Highly recommend if you are visiting or live in the area. Perfect spot for lunch with your hubby or bff :)

• Visited February 2014

Monroe, Connecticut
“Work in Progress”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Interesting menu. Organic/local flavor. Tapas theme for evening dining. Food was very good. Entertainment was so-so but adequate. Service was horrible. Waitress who appeared green brought out courses in reverse order and explained that's just how the way it is. I will be back again to sample other menu items but his time hoping for a different server.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Great idea! Needs improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have been going to HSC since last year. Nice find in town. The management had changed hands recently. The place is very small. Love that it has entertainment. They have changed the menu. There is a good variety for lunch but limited in the evening. Drinks are plentiful... wine, beer, soft drinks as well as nice coffees and teas. Love the idea but... the waitstaff needs more training, they need a better cook (food prep is inconsistent, sometimes burnt), they run out of items often (especially desserts), the prices are too high (maybe charge a cover?), and the place is too small for what they are trying to do ( crowded on weekends, difficult to get a table). As I said, live the idea! Please make improvements want to keep stopping by.

• Visited January 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Interesting food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

My friends live in Shelton and they take me here when I visit. The sandwiches are interesting and really tasty. Worth a stop for lunch.

Shelton, Connecticut
“Not Really Impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have maybe stopped in this place 3 or 4 times over the last 2 years. During the day, not at night. Each time I go in I expect to have a different experience than last but it's always the same. I never feel welcome when I walk in. Like I'm not part of the "in crowd" and seems to cater to "regulars" only. The last times I have been there it was just to order coffee so it didn't make much of an impression. This time however I ordered food to go. It was a salad with some chicken, nothing fancy and 2 bottled drinks from the fridge. 1 a Gatorade and the other one of those $1 calorie free drinks you can get at Target. It cost me $17.00. To boot the chicken was severely overcooked to the point it was inedible...very underwhelming and disappointing. A rarely complain about service or food, I'm not cheap by any means and this is actually the first time I have ever written something on TripAdvisor. I get how people who go there regularly or first timers who go with others who are there regularly think its great but based on my experiences...not a fan and will definitely not go back again.

• Visited September 2013