“Great Place for Dinner”

Ari Bella Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Ari Bella Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 134 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“Great Place for Dinner”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at Ari Bella and had a great meal with good service. We started by ordering a bottle of Spanish red wine for $28...wine was very good. We shared the Special appetizer of the day which was a combination of fried Mozzarella, clams, and a chicken roll. All were very delicious (2 of each which was enough for 2 people). For our entree I ordered the seabass special and my husband had a pasta with shrimp. Both meals were well prepared and served timely without a rush. This restaurant is small and crowded but the atmosphere and food is quite good! We never felt rushed and waitress was very friendly and pleasant! We will definately return. Be sure to make reservations.

• Visited November 2012

Shelton, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't bother”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had heard good reviews about this restaurant but was sadly disappointed. The service was rushed, haughty and somewhat rude. The waitress was clearing the table and doggy-bagging the meals of some guests while others were still eating; she would not look anyone in the eye and never smiled. On top of poor service this place is very overpriced with skimpy portions. The food tasted great but was not worth the money; in short, don't waste your time and money.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank liberator1942
Connecticut
“Sooo Good!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went to the restaurant because it was restaurant week and they were running a great special. We really enjoyed the food - salad, food, and dessert. The wine was good as well. Entree prices range from about $16-24ish. The atmosphere is tight, but fine. I'd recommend making reservations because it is a small place. We will definitely be returning soon to try some of the other meal options!

• Visited October 2012
“Bum's Rush”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Absolutely astounded about the attitude of this place... Made an early 5:30 reservation and was looking forward to a leisurely enjoyable meal with my wife and her mother... Started with drinks and a couple of appetizers with the intention of ordering the main course afterward. Within 15 minutes of sitting at the table, Tony a server, strolled over to inform us that we had to get our dinner order in because "We only have 14 tables and we have to turn them so we can stay in business"

Imagine being told to basically order fast, eat quick and get out so we can get the next guest in and treat them to this outstanding dining experience! I've worked in the hospitality business for 30 plus years... Rule #1 value your customers and make them feel special. If you're looking for a bum's rush this is the place to go!

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank huntercharnow
Shelton, Connecticut, United States
“I almost don't want to let you in on the secret”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is a great place, with consistently top quality food and wine. They make a great cocktail and some excellent desserts as well. Amazing Italian food - like from Italy, not Americanized Italian (not that there is anything wrong with that)! It is a small dining room, with a tiny patio of maybe 3 tables. The decor is very much like you would expect to see in a little trattoria. I'd like to see more comfortable chairs, but they probably wouldn't match the scale or the vibe of this place. No matter who I take there for dinner, they always find something delicious on the menu. So now my secret is out!

• Visited June 2012