“Great staff!”

Hilton Garden Inn Shelton
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our family recently stayed here while "grandma" was with hospice nearby. The staff was so helpful and courteous. The rooms were clean, and the beds were so comfortable (you could even change the firmness of the mattress). They have an in-house restaurant for breakfast and dinner, and the food was great, especially the fresh cookies on the counter in the afternoon. The lounge was pretty and welcoming, and they have a small bar that is open until 11:00. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
SheltonHGIManager, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor! I am so pleased your headign read "GREAT STAFF"! We pride ourselves on making folks feel right at home so that you can take care of what you need to with no worries about your hotel stay! I am sorry about your circumstances, but hope we see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Shelton

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here one night while in town for work. It is very easy to find-off a main road. Lots of restaurants close by. While I was there, snow was coming in-they have a garage where I parked so I didn't have to scrape the rental car. That part was very nice! Staff were friendly. Room was clean. I was on the fifth floor which was quiet. I didn't use the gym. I did order room service-no issues there. I would stay here again if in town again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

How wonderful to hear from you! Isn't that what we are all looking for in a hotel: CLEAN AND QUIET!!!!!!!! I really appreciate your comments and thank you for sharing your thoughts here on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn is top notch. The hotel is extremely clean and is easy on and off the exit. Many restaurants and stores just up the street. We had our choice of places to eat dinner and lunch, and the breakfast was good at the hotel too. Definitely will revisit

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
SheltonHGIManager, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments here on TRIP ADVISOR! We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and I was happy to read that you recognize that! You aren't too far away, so hopefully we see you again soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

After over ten years of staying at the Hilton here, I always enjoy the welcome I get. Faces and names have changed but seasoned staff, like Cathy, who has been serving breakfast to my kids and I since 2001, always greets me with a hug, like visiting with a member of the family. Cathy has watched my kids grow from toddlers to teens, and she never forgets what's going on in their lives. I always look forward to seeing her when I am here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words! Cathy has been here for a number of years and certainly serves as a GREAT EXAMPLE to our team. The Executives at Hilton even realize what a true asset she is to our team as our service ranking among all Garden Inn's ranks among the top five percent! We are proud to have Cathy on our team and we all certainly look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a newer (or renovated) Hilton Garden Inn. Rooms are spacious, beds are really comfortable. The whole hotel was clean and well laid out. I would recommend it for either business or personal travel. Good location with numerous food choices close by. Also, the staff was very friendly. Solid hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stay here regularly because we visit our son and his family. It almost feels like second home because the staff is ALWAYS sincerely glad you are their guest and the rooms and lobby are immaculately clean. We always eat breakfast in the dining area and the entree is made to order with an immaculately clean buffet area for anything else you may desire. If you are in area, I strongly recommend this well run, professional "inn".

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms near the elevator, they tend to be noisier.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the weekend of 2/1 to visit my girlfriend. I booked it through Priceline by selecting 3 star hotels in the Trumbull/Shelton area. Since it was a weekend, I made my bid $50 and it was accepted by the Hilton.

Pros:
-Staff are very nice and helpful
-Rooms are clean
-Beds are very comfortable
-Pool seems to be decent (didn't swim)
-Free Wifi
-Very close to highway

Cons:
-Breakfast is $12. I didn't try it, but it did look better than the usual free hotel breakfast fare.
-Bathroom smelled of smoke. Staff was very receptive to this, however, and I commend them.
-Due to weird vent configuration, you can hear loud noises (sex) from other peoples rooms.

Overall, I was very impressed by this hotel, and at only $50/night through Priceline, it is an absolute steal.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
Hilton Garden Inn Milford

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Shelton? Share your experiences!