“Almost like home”

Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My stay at the Residence Inn in Shelton, CT was a great experience. I stayed two weeknights last week. The staff could not have been more friendly. From the quick check-in, comfortable bed, clean room, quiet grounds and delicious breakfast(s), I received the rest I needed on the end of a long business trip. I can't think of one negative thing. That is a first for me! All my trips to Shelton for business will include staying at the Residence Inn.

John V

Room Tip: Try to get an upper floor. it seems to be just a little quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Dawn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear John V,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your great experience with others. My team and I were thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to ensure your satisfaction and make you feel at home. We can't wait for your return to Shelton!
See you soon!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County

Reviewed March 15, 2014

During the week, the hotel is adequate. However on the weekends people rent rooms to throw all night parties. So don't expect to sleep well. Worst experience I've ever had at a Residence Inn. I highly recommend choosing a different hotel within the area that has better security.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Dawn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear scgirl14,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel. We strive to exceed all guest expectations. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly to address any issues you may have had. Thank you again and I hope you will give us another opportunity to make things right.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

The staff here is fantastic, they are helpful and get 5 stars. The food preparer is excellent both the welcome dinner and breakfast were great..She was real nice too. The only negative is the exterior stairs look tired and needing to be redone..To many coats of paint on these..But definitely stay here !!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear pearlchloedale,

Thank you very much for such a great review! My staff were extremely happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We pride ourselves with great customer satisfaction and we are proud we met your expectations! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I just stayed for a week on a business trip and I had a great experience at this Residence Inn. First of all, the staff are amazingly helpful and courteous. Their complimentary breakfast has enough variety for everybody and I love their complimentary water bottles by the front desk. I stayed in a fireplace room and they gave me a Duraflame log to make my evening that much more relaxing. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Dawn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear AJPBuddy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others! We really enjoyed having you stay with us during your time in Shelton. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! My team and I are dedicated to providing our guests with the service they deserve. We look forward to your next stay here in Shelton!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Had to stay here for quite a long time for work. It was one of the practical options to choose from at Shelton. What I liked most about the place was the people - very friendly, helpful and courteous. All through the 2.5 months that I was there, my room was taken good care of. Coming off another Residence Inn at NJ, the difference in service was easily noticeable. Left them with a nice souvenir as a token of appreciation. Keep up the good job folks!

Room Tip: Front-facing rooms will have the constant road-side buzz
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sriks19,

Thank you very much for your kind review on Tripadvisor! I have shared your experience with my team and they are very happy to know they succeeded in making your stay memorable. We take pride in our guest satisfaction and it means a lot to us that you took the time to share it with others! Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Recently stayed during a very cold stretch. Outside door to room was very drafty. Wind was blowing into room. Remote dirty, no shampoo. Door was open ajar when came back one day in the afternoon. Should of stayed at the courtyard down the street. Other person from conference enjoyed the stay. I was really turned off when the school bus arrived to pick up kids in the morning, but what can you do in these times.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear govworker,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. My team and I are always looking for ways of opportunity to exceed our guests expectations. I would like to speak with you further in regards to ways of better assisting your needs in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was a very comfortable hotel! They have a great staff! We really love the fact that they have Awesome wood-burning fireplaces! It is like our home away from home! It was convenient shopping and it is located in quiet town!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear smileyboo22,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled to hear you took advantage of our cozy fireplaces! We love this time of year because our guests can thrive in our suites while staying warm by the fire. Thank you again for your kind words, we hope to see you again soon!

Dawn Gasper

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County? Share your experiences!