“very nice place fir the price”

Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
GreenLeadersBronze level
“very nice place fir the price”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

took 3 rooms for the weekend for us and 2 more couples. each with 2 kids. loved the place and would come back for another weekend some time soon. the only down side is the pool and that they don't sell alcohol on weekends. the water in the pool is very very dirty. I hope the filter was just not working properly and will be in better shape at my next stay. Chad

• Stayed June 2013
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Chadpusa

Thank you for the great review and so glad you were able to enjoy our pool. It does get quite busy on the weekends as we are the only hotel in the area with an outdoor pool. Our filters are working great and our staff are working overtime to accommodate all of the people that love to stay with us on the weekend. Unfortunately we do not sell alcohol at the property and guests are not permitted to drink at the swimming pool area. Mid-week if you have the opportunity to visit us again we do offer a complimentary social reception that includes beer and wine, Mon-Wed from 6pm-7.30pm.

We look forward to hosting you in the Shelton area again soon.

Jillian Alps

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Gulf Shores, AL
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This stay was part of a two week business trip to Shelton. The room itself smelled from the cooking of a previous guest ... request for housekeeping to spray some air freshener went unheeded ... several spiders ... asked they spray and couldn't tell if they did or not as there were still spiders ... food (in particular the potatoes and sausage) wasn't properly cooked ... bed was old and sagged ... some of the linens had seen better days ... they charged my credit card mid stay (which meant I was a week behind in getting my money back via expense statement before my credit card bill showed up) ... biggest problem was the noise (from those on the 2nd floor walking to using the bathroom, you can hear it downstairs) ... GM blew me off when I mentioned the noise at checkout

Room Tip: 2nd floor is going to be quieter, but then you have to carry your luggage up two flights of stairs
1 Thank Mike C
Dear Mr. Chambers

Thank you so much for you review of our property. Please let me the first to apologize for the issues experienced during your stay with us. Unfortunately I was out of the office last week and I can see from our records that you checked out of the hotel on Saturday June 29th. Therefore I missed the opportunity to speak with you in person and resolve some of the issues you outlined below.

If you could call me and I can walk you through our billing process, in addition, discuss your concerns regarding the quality of food and the spiders that would be great. I look forward to speaking with you.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am a platinum club member, and the expectation should be high for all Marriott properties..Great check in/ out. However, no kitchen cutting knoves nor cutting board, luckily I had my own. Bathroom sink is cracked along with several tiles on the bathroom floor, should be an easy fix... Dinner was hamburgs, finely cooked well done,overcooked , the edges were inedible... I know its a perk , but its not hard to cook meat to be held in a chafer....

Room Tip: older property, take a 2nd floor room as I had a 5am wake call and pacing at 5 am from upstairs
Green Features: I saw no recycling...you would think in ct. they would be more environmentally friendly
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear pierogyman

Thank you for your review and your feedback and we really do appreciate being given the opportunity to continually improve on our services. All of our departments have been copied on this review and we intend to use this as a training tool for our associates. We certainly achieve to provide outstanding customer service and provide excellent amenities in all guest rooms. We hope that you will visit with us again and allow us to wow you with our guest service. Please let me know when you will be traveling through the area in the future.

Atco, New Jersey
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was a business trip that I brought my family on. The property was adequate, but there was an event that stained my picture of this stay. Shortly after arriving and unpacking, I came down the staircase and felt a sharp pain in my leg. The cause was a sharp piece of metal protruding from the carpet on the staircase that gashed my leg. I called the front desk and was immediately put on hold for nearly 5 minutes even after explaining that I had just had my leg cut open. After explaining the situation to the woman at the front desk, she put me on hold and tried to reach maintenance. When she came back on the phone she informed me that maintenance would not be available to look at the problem until the following day and that I was welcome to change rooms. Keep in mind that this is now nearly 9PM and I have 4 kids under 11 going to bed AND it was pouring rain. At no time did I get an apology for the inconvenience or ANY concern that I was injured. Frankly, this was the worst possible response I could have imagined to an event like this. I ended up tearing the staple out of the carpet myself to keep my kids from getting hurt. The response was the issue here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Ed

Thank you so much for posting this review and bringing this unfortunate incident to our attention. At you convenience could you please contact me directly to discuss. We do have policies and procedures that should have been followed and I would like to speak with you at your earliest convenience.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stopped in a for an evening while travelling south and was intrigued by the townhouse design. The room would have been better without an overall stale smell that seemed to be part dog and part air conditioner. The kids loved the loft bed, but we had a tough time even with the ceiling fan getting cool air upstairs. Pool was nice, breakfast typical. This stay was hopefully a fluke and will give it another shot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear tarynpeter

Thank you so much for stopping in and staying with us. The design of the hotel is quite unique in this market and with our rooms being 50% larger than the average hotel room we are like a mini-apartment. I certainly appreciate your feedback on the rooms and have discussed both the smell and the air circulation for the penthouse rooms with my maintenance and housekeeping departments. Please let me know the next time you are traveling through and I will certainly ensure your stay is more enjoyable.

Safe travels!!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family and I found this Residence Inn to be a great value!! The front reception desk was very professional. The Breakfast service was orderly and well stocked. The beds were very comfortable. The hotel is located near the highway but situated so it is quiet. No road noise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear David B

Thank you for the great review on our hotel. The staff were so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and had a great breakfast. The hotel was recently renovated and we value all of our guests and want to ensure that have a great night's sleep.

We look forward to hosting you and your family in the Shelton CT area soon.

Skippack, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here for 5 weeks. Staff was great. Every night they had food that you could actually feel satisfied as a meal. It was actually great food. They also have complimentary beer and wine. In the morning the breakfast was always on time if not served earlier than 6 am. The staff was pleasant and friendly as well as so helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul W
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Poppy175

We miss you already and so glad you had a wonderful time during your stay with us. Since we are designed for our Long Term Guests it was great that you were able to experience all that we have to offer. The Social is wonderful and we are really ensuring that are guests receive quality service, food and amenities.

If business brings you back to Shelton please let us know.

Jillian Alps
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County? Share your experiences!