“Below average Residence Inn.”

Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed at a few Residence Inns and this one is below average. They said it was renovated last year. The rooms have been mostly redone(my bathroom was half redone,new sink and mirror). Outside the rooms need a lot of work as all the rooms are in little seperate buildings and their is a lot of upkeep that isn't being done very well. Staff were very quick to resolve problems...card key stopped working, bedding for third person not in room. Light supper was nice but I noticed for breakfast tables were never cleaned after each use...a cloth was left out with some water so I cleaned my table each morning myself.
I am getting a little weary of tripadvisor ratings that do not reflect the real experiance of a property. How can you give a Residence Inn that is supposed to be 3 stars a 5 rating when it does'nt even have real plates and cutlery for breakfast, that needs better upkeep and the staff are not all on the ball like every other Reidence Inn I have stawed in?

Room Tip: Stay at the Hyatt
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mailmanwill
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your recent experience with me. Your comments are vital to us as we strive to exceed our guests expectations. I am so sorry to hear that we did not exceed all of your expectations. I understand the breakfast experience had additional opportunities to meet your expectations. We have very specific processes in place to ensure all our guest requests are being met. I will be reviewing these processes to give our team additional tools to allow them to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

We hope you choose us the next time you are in the Shelton, CT area.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night and hated to leave. Room was huge, beds so comfortable, and staff was so inviting. The pool was a great way to cool off and relax on a crazy hot day.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear ripcurled1

It was great to read such a positive review of the hotel. Our rooms are purpose built for extended stay and to make you feel just like you are at home whether you are here for one night or one month. All rooms have the full size kitchen, fireplace and pull out sleeper sofa. Our different room types with one queen size bed, two queen beds or our Pent House enable us to offer great options for travelers. Please let us know the next time you are visiting the area and we will ensure that we wow you with another room type! The pool is great on a hot day and our lounge chairs, unbrellas and quiet location really makes a world of its own.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

After a long day of travel my coworkers and I showed up having missed our scheduled dinner. Logan was incredibly helpful, aiding us in finding food, sorting out where we needed to be the next day, and was overall a very genuine, nice guy.

My room was large and as requested, and the grounds were well maintained. I wish I'd had time to make use of the pool since we were there during a sweltering heatwave (AC worked great, but was a little loud at night), but that will have to wait for another trip.

Overall it's a fine place to stay but the staff, particularly Logan, really made it an easy, pleasant experience. I doubt I'll be in CT again soon, but if I was I would make a point of staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Robert A

The hotel is indeed very lucky to not only be a great place to stay but have amazing staff also!! Logan was thrilled with your review and has set the bar high for everyone else :) The rooms are large, spacious and designed to make you feel at home. I did speak with our engineer regarding the AC units and he is addressing the noise issue. The pool is such a luxuary to be able to be outside and enjoy the weather, lounge by the pool under an umbrella, take a nice swim and or a nap - as some of our residents are inclined to do!! Please let me know the next time you are visiting the area as we will ensure your AC is quiet or if you are coming back during the winter months you will enjoy using our fireplaces also. Safe travels!!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is about the fifth time we stayed here. The room is spacious. The staff isvery friendly and the service is excellent. As a matter of fact we liked it so much that I bought some Marrriott stock.
Joe W. Florida

Room Tip: ground floor rooms very convenient
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Dear Joseph W

I wanted to thank you for your wonderful investment and commitment to the Marriott brand that you have made. We are grateful that our lovely hotel here in Shelton CT made such an impact on you and this is something that we strive to perfect every day. Our management and staff have also made a commitment to our guests to ensure that each and every one receives superior guest service. Our Management company - Island Hospitality have also invested time and money into the hotel by upgrading each of our 96 guest rooms and suites, and providing excellent training for all of our management and staff. It looks like our investment and theirs is paying off and we wish you all the success in the future with yours. Please let me know when you will be visiting again so that I may ensure that you are introduced you to our management team and staff. Thank you for your contribution and kind words.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Very nice room with full kitchen and living room that has a fireplace. There is a pool ,basketball court and a barbecue pit. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating . The daily breakfast had a good selection of hot and cold items and there is a happy hour weekdays with light dinner items.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Dear lluv2travel61

We are so glad that you were able to view all of our great amenities offered here at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Shelton. The hotel is designed to make our guests feel at home and you were able to capture all of this in your description. All of the guest rooms have been recently updated along with the patio area and now that the pool is open for summer our guests are truly enjoying their home away from home. A product is not successful without the service. The staff here at the hotel are a key part of our success and what makes us stand out from the competition and we thank you for recognizing their hard work and efforts. We hope to host you again in the Shelton CT area. Again thank you from the management and staff.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Every one was so nice and always had a smile on their face breakfast was really good and a great set up. the front desk was super helpful. i came down to the gate house around 11 30 pm and ask the man at the front desk if there were any places to eat around and he reccomended the steak house which was really good

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear John D

Thank you so much for the great review of our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our staff were as helpful as ever. The hotel prides itself in offering outstanding customer service and glad we could provide you with a great restaurant to dine at while in Shelton. Please let us know when you plan to visit the area again and we will ensure you have a consistent excellent experience here at the Residence Inn.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I have been at the Hotel for two month's and will be staying till Dec. The grounds are always well kept and the pool area is spotless. You can do your laundry and they have a little fitness center. Just a little of everything to make your stay enjoyable. Management is very friendly and take care of problem's promptly. The breakfast in the morning is great Thank you Vicki, Also a Special thanks to Maribel, Madeline, and Logan who put the Extra effort to making you stay that much better. I have to live away from my family and i really gets to me. The team make's the Hotel a HOME not just a bed to sleep in.
M. Paquette

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Matt P
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Mr. Paquette - thank you for your lovely review of the hotel. We are so happy to be able to really make your long term stay with us enjoyable and memorable. Having guests who really appreciate how much our employees go out of their way to really WOW you with their hospitality is very rewarding. Maddie, Logan and Maribel have all been with the property for a few years and really understand our long term guest needs. Logan was recently awarded Team Member of the Quarter for the company and I think we can see why!! I hope you continue to enjoy your stay with us and as always if there is anything we can do for you please let us know.

Jillian Alps

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County? Share your experiences!