“Very helpful Staff - Very clean rooms”

Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hamilton, Canada
“Very helpful Staff - Very clean rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed here when visiting CT for a Family wedding. The kitchen didn't get much use as we are Italian, and all of our relatives had lunch, and dinner covered. Complimentary breakfast was great, included low-fat options, fruit and yogurt. Will be staying here again when we visit for our next family wedding/reunion.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Frederick, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

Arrived late just before Thanksgiving. Front Desk staff was wonderful and reservation was ready. Travelling with dog and they went out of their way to assign a unit close to dog walking area.
Unit was clean and bed was heavenly. No problems with unit interior. Reservation came with breakfast and Manager's reception each night.
Location was close to family with easy access to NYC, Bridgeport, and New Haven.
And, did I tell you that they are dog-friendly?
Only negative would be entering and leaving the driveway with traffic traveling at high speeds in both directions.
Overall, very good experience.

• Stayed November 2010
Albany, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

This Residence Inn was perfect. Our room was ready for us with a pack in play already in the room as requested for our daughter. The room was comfortable and had all the kitchen amenities, etc. The best part was the breakfast. It was a buffet with make your own waffles, cold cereals, fresh eggs, sausages, pancakes, real OJ, plus fresh blueberries and more. An employee was constantly refilling everything so it was all fresh and well stocked. This was a great place to stay and if we're in the area again, we'll be back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

Nothing really stands out about this hotel. I just needed a getaway from NYC during an unbearable heatwave. The room was fine, if a little worn looking. The pool was pretty nasty though, which was disappointing. The front desk clerk was awesome. It is what it is, but I would certainly not pay more than $100 for it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank drmgeorge
Southern California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

This Residence Inn is BADLY in need of refurbishing. In addition to dirty, substandard rooms, inedible "free" breakfast, and rude staff, they have dishonest housekeepers. I checked out of the room and called two hours later to let them know I had left an item in the room and would be returning for it. I was told the room was already cleaned and "nothing was turned in". I expressed my dismay and shock and asked to talk to the house keeper personally since I knew exactly where (on a chair right inside the front door to the room) I had left the item and was told that I could not speak to her, and if she had found anything it was THROWN AWAY if she did not turn it in. HUH ??? Two hours after I left ??? Thrown in the trunk of her car is probably more realistic.
We were going to stay 4 nights but I had to leave after two since the bed springs were coming thru the mattresses and there was also a huge dip in the center of the beds so if two people are in one bed they both roll to the center.
All of us woke up with backaches and had the runs from their crappy, crappy breakfast.
Stay any where else but here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank StBernardlover
Providence, RI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for the first time in about 5 years. Most of the time, the price was pretty high, but we got a good deal, even though many area hotels were sold out due to graduation weekend. We checked in about 2 PM, and the young woman at the desk was not very friendly. Not rude, but barely made eye contact, and we had to prompt her for breakfast hours, etc.. Upon checking into the room, I noticed a used towel behind the bathroom door. This did not appear to be Marriott level quality.

After those two things, the stay was completely fine. The suite was well equiped with everything you could want to prepare a meal. The only other room complaint, was the TV was a bit small. There was no outside noise, and I slept really well. The breakfast was better than I expected, and the male attendant went out of his way to make sure we were satisfied. If I got a good price, I would stay again next time.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank steveskin1
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

I don't know where some of the other folks who wrote reviews stayed. The place was very clean--Full kitchen--all appliances, dishes pots, pans cutlery, utensils, coffee maker, microwave, iron & board--my suite had a working fireplace which I thought was a little overdone.

Pool wasn't open yet. Lobby was inviting and pleasant looking. Staqff were real friendly and helpful.

Its all non-smoking and staff tell you to be at least 20 feet from room...no shelter or outside ashtrays.

Sorry I was only there one night...it would be excellent for folks traveling to the area for a few days, especially w/kids.

Its very close to Merrit Parkway and a short drive from 95.

Great deal from Priceline so it was a real value for me.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Marzerk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
Hilton Garden Inn Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton

Been to Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County? Share your experiences!