“VERY GOOD AND ALWAYS CONSISTENT!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vazzy's Cucina

Vazzy's Cucina
Ranked #32 of 129 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Westport, Ct
“VERY GOOD AND ALWAYS CONSISTENT!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently moved to Stratford and are beginning to find good restaurants in this area. Over some 30+ years of residing in Connecticut, we have enjoyed many good Italian restaurants. Vazzy's in Shelton is one of the really good ones. Their food is prepared very well and the portions are a good size. One thing we find is that the quality of Italian Cuisine varies greatly, from restaurant to restaurant, as does the pricing. Vazzy's in Shelton offers a very good Italian menu, and at a very reasonable price. Other Italian restaurants in and around the area also provide a very good menu, however the pricing fluctuates quite a bit, and unless one suits you better than the other, Vazzy's is a really good choice. The food is always fresh and cooked to perfection. The staff go above and beyond to make your dining experience a good one, and are very conscientious and friendly. The Main dining room is well appointed, spacious and quite enjoyable. The restaurant has a separate bar area with tables for dining & Hi-Tops for snacks. A great atmosphere for watching the game on their numerous TV screens. HOWEVER, the Dining Room is NOT affected by the sounds of the bar, and dining is very pleasant. As mentioned, the food is very good, with a wide variety of Italian Specialties. Their Pizza is Terrific...we just love it. Try their CHEEZY FLAT BREAD too, it is wonderful...a must! They also have take-out service.

• Visited April 2013

New York
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel and we are glad they did.. service and food were very good!

Visited February 2013
Maine
“Mix of good and not so good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Ate here for supper after a business trip, around January 19th or so. A co-worker recommended Vazzy's to us, and it is right across the road from our hotel. We arrived a bit before the supper rush, so were seated immediately. Our waiter came right over and got us situated. Looking at the menu, I was a bit disappointed that entrees did not come with any "extras"...for example, salad was a la carte. I ordered the veal saltimbocca. I have had this dish at several restaurants across the country, so have had several variants. Now I can say I have had another one. The dish itself was VERY tasty...the veal great, the cheese perfectly melted, and it came out nice and hot. But when it first arrived...I almost thought I had the wrong dish. Where was the pasta? Every time I have ordered this dish, it came with some style of pasta. What was on this plate was mashed potatoes. It just seemed odd to have mashed potatoes with basically an Italian style dish. Yet, it was very good...the potatoes, although oddly placed on this dish, were very good. Well, for a time...as time passed, some of the olive oil/melted butter from the veal part of the dish mixed with the potatoes, and they turned a bit "grainy". If it wasn't so tasty, I would have just skipped that part...but 1. I was hungry, and 2. It was delicious anyway. My traveling partner had the steak, and he said it was a bit overdone, and somewhat gristly. Not the best he has had. Good: Tasty veal in the Saltimbocca, the meal arrived hot, and VERY fast. Not so good: Odd pairing of mashed potatoes with the Saltimbocca, unimpressive steak. Would I eat here again? Probably...I did enjoy my meal...but I will request pasta with my meal.

• Visited January 2013
New England
“Eh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Average food, a bit overpriced, and the atmosphere was very noisy. They seemed a little confused too, just in general. Nothing special.

• Visited December 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
“Loud & Pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I had a gift card and decided to go here. We called and made reservations for 6:45pm Saturday Jan. 12, 2013. We waited 20 minutes to be seated. Very, very loud restaurant setting. Crowded. Service seemed confused and uncoordinated but the food was perfect!

• Visited January 2013