“Great food, Friendly Service, Great Price”
Review of Riverdale Diner

Riverdale Diner
Ranked #6 of 135 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: An American Diner with traditional values - family owned and operated. Open 24/7 365 days a year. Homemade comfort food - broad menu featuring Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Children's Menu. Full Service Bar.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Always great for breakfast. Dinner choices include excellent onion soup, wonderful seafood and the best prime rib around! Sandwich selections and diner fare are outstanding. Waitstaff is friendly, efficient and attentive. Management is always present and available if needed.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

My friend and I were looked for somewhere to grab a late-ish dinner, and our hotel recommended the Riverdale Diner. It's a 24-hour joint. It's not so different inside from every other diner or diner-style restaurant. It was a Friday night, and our section was filled with (what I can assume were local) high school kids hanging out, being slightly rowdy, and harassing their friends who were working there. It was amusing and slightly nostalgic. We ordered some burgers, and were also surprised to find they had a bar/offered all sorts of drinks. My friend and I each ordered something for 4.99, and were shocked with the amount received for that price. The burgers were decent, but the seasoned curly fries were pretty excellent.
Overall a nice, decent place to get cheap and quick eats.

1  Thank CadetBat
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Went for lunch with my sisters...I orderd eggs over light with rye toast, decaf coffee...the eggs were under cooked, I called the waitress over to show her and said I'm sorry for the trouble but could you please change them for srambled eggs and she did.... the srambled eggs were the worse I have ever had...I think that they were watered down! The coffee was bitter...even after the waitress made a new pot! None the less we still left a tip!

1  Thank CathyHuntington_CT_
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This diner has great food and low price that won't break your budget. The staff are great. Worth coming if you like home cooked food. Great cheesecake too.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Use to ba great diner but last visit service was very slow.food was horrible .To bad it changed use to be very convienant

1  Thank RickDeniseSheltonCt