“New Favorite Restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Orange, Connecticut
“New Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Love this place! My husband and I tried Amici's a couple of months ago and have been back several times. The food was delicious each time, wonderful cozy atmosphere, good service and great drinks, what more can you ask for!! We have eaten both in the bar area and dining room and both have a nice ambience. I have not enjoyed an Italian restaurant this much since 500 Blake st in New haven, back in the day. Would recommend the chocolate martini, the chicken Milanese and the veal parmesan. Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited December 2013

Hamden, New York
“Amici's in Shelton. A place to never eat. Go to Mac Donalds-better service and food”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Two couples went to dinner there to celebrate a special birthday. We called prior to going as our German friends are accustomed to separate checks. The person answering the phone said it would be no problem. When we asked for separate checks there was no problem. We had been given a gift certificate from Diningdough, which we planned to use for our dinner. I guess there are restaurants that like to appeal with certificates but find reasons to deny them. My husband, whose BD it was, did not feel well that evening so he did not order a cocktail. We encouraged our German friends to order a bottle of wine, as a friend told us, *(unadvertised) that on Wednesdays, bottles of wine are 1/2 price. They were a little reluctant as they already had several cocktails. When the bill came, the server, who was rude the entire time, stated that we could not use our certificate. It is extremely noisy in this restaurant and I am not sure what he said, but I believe he said that because our friends ordered the wine deal, we could not use our certificate. My husband, a quite mild person, was so upset, he told them to keep the certificate $25.00. I did not want to make a scene so I sent the manager/owner a letter. I asked for a $25.00 gift certificate, which I would have given to someone else. I would never go there again, but they never answered my letter. In addition, I called several times to speak with the manager, times they told me he was there. They always responded that he was not there. The food is mediocre, the service terrible; notably the person that greeted us at the door was quite pleasant. We eat out 3-4 times a week so are aware of good food and good service. They not only denied our certificate but were not courteous in their delivery of denial. Probably the only people that eat there are in the neighborhood or do not know good food.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank arlene d
Lancaster, PA
“Yummy pasta...fast takeout service”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Was hungry for pasta, but was by myself so I called Amici's for takeout. Huge portions...you could definitely share if ordering out...salad and bread were delicious as well. The restaurant seemed nice inside, and the takeout service was fast. Pricing wasn't bad considering the generous portion and quality of the food.

• Visited September 2013
“Ok- but omg! Health inspection scores need big improvement”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Ok place but when I saw the low health inspection score- POOR and scared me to eat there ever again! Public knowledge. Please fix so I can enjoy again

• Visited April 2013
ct
“good food, poor service”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We eat here ever month or two. Food is always good but service can be iffy. Tonight even the food disappointed. The pork tenderloin special was dry and poorly fried. Our waiter, Scott, should not be a waiter. He is gruff and has no personality. We have had him before. The food was good but poor service disrupts the experience. I don't think I could recommend Amici's anymore.

• Visited July 2013