“Fine Italian dining in Shelton, CT”
Review of Amici's Restaurant

Amici's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 136 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

If you are looking for fine Italian food, this is the place to go. The service is slow, so I would recommend this restaurant only if you have a few hours to spare. The food is pricey and not the best Italian I've ever had, but it is vey good and the portions are quite large. Also, I would recommend making reservations ahead of time, as the small restaurant can get crowded quickly.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This restaurant has consistently served excellent food with good service. I've eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. Everything I've tried has been delicious, I would recommend reservations as it can get crowded on weekend evenings.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Being the #2 restaurant in Shelton may only mean that the competition is really bad. While everything was OK, it was not what I've come to expect from a #2 restaurant on TA. The service was great, the food was adequate but uninspired for the price. It was not cheap - relatively to the area. You're paying $$$ prices for what amounts to red sauce Italian food.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We ate there two weeks ago on a Friday night. The place was busy, but the service prompt. The bartender didn't know how to make a Negroni. So much for being an Italian restaurant. The veal chop was excellent. Huge portion and delicious. The fish was just average. But seriously. Turn on some lights. The main room is way too dark. Bring a flashlight.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was our first time eating here. We truly enjoyed our dinner. We shared an eggplant rotellini for an appetizer. It was really delicious. I had filet of sole with spinach and my husband had a chicken and pasta dish. The portions were very generous. A side salad was included with each entree. The service was very good as well. We will definitely return to this restaurant.