“Great Place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Excellent food, good size portions, not overly priced, Fantastic service. Defiantly would go there again.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had dinner here last night. The entrees come with a very nice salad. Portions are generous and competently prepared. Very nice ambiance for downtown Shelton. Prices were most reasonable. I will be back for sure!!!! My lobster fettucine was absolutely delish!!!!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

It was a leisurely dining experience--a bit too leisurely for us on a weeknight. The food prices are average but I wouldn't buy wine here unless it was a special occasion. Both of our dinners were good and came with a nice salad.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We visited Amici's on a trip to New Haven, after I talked my son out of Olive Garden. : )

I had chicken campanelli, which is chicken and eggplant chunks over campanelli (funnel-shaped) in a delicious lightish tomato sauce. All the components were cooked perfectly and the sauce was rich and flavorful but still allowed the flavors of the other ingredients to come through. My son had the largest veal parm I've ever seen. It was an entire veal chop, with the bone, carefully flattened slightly for a traditional veal parm feel. If he hadn't played 4 lacrosse games, he'd never have been able to finish it. Easily two meals for an average person and he said that it was delicious. He also had the buffalo salad for an appetizer, which was plum tomatoes, buffalo mozz, prosciutto and a balsalmic syrup. He said that it was also great - nice interaction between several flavors.

We were a little underdressed for the place (but not slovenly) and they accepted us gracefully without a reservation.

I would go out of my way to visit Amici's again if I'm back in the New Haven area. Go here, not a chain Italian restaurant!!!

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Generally Amicis is quite good. Stick with the specials and you won't be disappointed.