“nice”

HYATT house Shelton
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Reviewed May 6, 2013

By far one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. The indoor tub was awesome. The room was beautiful and had a full kitchen which I wasn't expecting. The bed was a little too soft for me and my boyfriend. Breakfast was good with an omelet bar, which without the omelet bar the breakfast would've been subpar. The staff was super friendly, I would come back here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here for almost five weeks and now that I am back home, I am really missing the Hyatt House - Shelton.

My room was nice...the bed a bit firmer than mine at home, but very comfortable. There was a decent kitchen area in my room - fridge, stovetop, dishwasher, and microwave. I have nothing to compare it with in the area, but I was comfortable. A second peraon in the room would make it a tad crowded.

The common areas of the hotel are fabulous. Nice bar and seating areas, dining area with complimentary teas and coffee, including creamer and sugar. Apples and complimentary cookies ( and sometimes brownies in late aftednoon/early evening. The pool is small, but fun and the fitness room adequate. Nice treadmill and elipicals with TVs.

All the staff that I encountered were pleasant and helpful and some that I got to know better were interesting and fun too. Love Nikki the bartender at the H Bar. When I first checked in, the House Host encouraged me to sign up for the Gold Passport. I wasnt going to, but I did, stayed longer than expected and earned a few free nights! !

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the hotel while in town on business. The hotel is clean, staff friendly and professional and the rooms have a nice living room, kitchen, and bedroom. The breakfast is quality and included. The also have an omelette chef...however not always available when ready to order.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My son's college baseball team brought us to Fairfield Connecticut. We don't usually book a room ahead. We just follow the team bus to the hotel where the team is staying and if looks acceptable we stay there, if not look for other accommodations. Although Shelton was almost 30 minutes from Fairfield, we were more than pleasantly surprised with the teams accommodations. The hotel was obviously newer construction with quite an impressive facade. Small suite was immaculate. My husband and I both said "this is all we need, we could live here". Very nice bar and pool table in the lobby area with casual seating areas. Staff was pleasant and very attentive. Parking was more than convenient with restaurants close by. Great weekend all around in Connecticut and the team won the series!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We've stayed at the Hyatt House in Shelton on numerous occasions, because the hotel's staff are pleasant and helpful. The hotel itself is conveniently located to Fairfield and Trumbull (just off the Merritt Parkway and Rt. 8), it's clean, the rooms are spacious with kitchenettes should you desire this amenity. The beds, in particular, are quite comfortable. There are a number of other hotels, restaurants and shopping centers in close (but not too close) proximity to the Hyatt.

All of this and a hot breakfast, too! Included with the breakfast are fresh fruit, yogurts, juices, coffees, teas, cereals (hot and cold), breads - danish, bagels, toast, muffins and or English muffins), eggs (scrambled and omelets made to order), breakfast meats (bacon or sausage), and pancakes or French toast. The woman who has been in the breakfast area at the Hyatt on Sunday mornings when we've been there for breakfast on all but one visit is very pleasant despite being pulled in many different directions and she makes a wonderful omelet (choices of ingredients are ham, bacon, spinach, green peppers, onions, tomatoes and cheeses).

Recently the hotel has been booking large groups of people, pre-teens and teenagers as well as their chaperones, on weekends which has definitely detracted from our stays at the Hyatt. The hotel has become much noisier, both downstairs and in and around the guest rooms. The chaperones haven't been monitoring their charges and in some instances are actually worse than the kids. At breakfast, these same individuals pile their plates full of food and end up wasting the majority of it. As a result, they leave little to no food for the others at the hotel looking forward to a hot breakfast. The hotel replenishes the food at a rather slow pace and up until about 9 a.m. even though breakfast is served until 10 a.m.

The key to breakfast at the Hyatt is to arrive early so that you are assured of getting a choice of breakfast items, a choice of seating and, believe it or not, clean plates, bowls, mugs, glasses and silverware!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LaxMom39
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel, and couldn't have been more pleased with the facilities and the service.
We arrived much earlier than anticipated (check-in is 3pm and we arrived at 9:30am), and thought we would drop our bags off and then head off to our destination at 11. However, the incredibly nice guy at the front desk said that there was a room open, let us check in, And told us that we could help ourselves to the complimentary breakfast (which ends at 10am).
So we brought our bags up to the Very clean and quite lovely room, enjoyed a big breakfast, and didn't have to worry about a thing as we went about our business the rest of the day.
I don't know what those other people are talking about, the room was very nice and nothing dirty about it. The breakfast buffet with made-to-order omelet bar was something I would expect to pay 10-12 dollars for, but not only was it free, it was delicious.
The bed was super comfortable, the hotel was nice and quiet by ten pm, and the gym had everything we needed (elliptical, free weights, treadmill, bench) plus free headphones and cold towels!
Literally nothing wrong with this place, and everything right. If I ever have something to do in the Bridgeport area again, I would most definitely stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here with my extended family this past weekend. We were blown away by how nice the hotel was and how friendly the staff was. The pool and hot tub were a great extra for my nephew and the adults. There is a pool table in the lobby. There is complimentary WiFi and breakfast, which includes made-to-order eggs! The hotel engineer moonlights as a balloon twister. Their borrow system includes board games, a yoga mat, and a flat iron. The rooms come fully equipped with a kitchen. What a nice surprise Hyatt House Shelton was for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
2 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to HYATT house Shelton? Share your experiences!