“Very nice stay”

HYATT house Shelton
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel was very nice . I know I say this in a lot of my reviews but these are the type of places I like to stay at . Room was great full size Frig ,2 burner stove ,small dishwasher and dishes . King room was ok size and the bed was comfy . 42in tv was nice . The pool was very warm and hot tub was also Hot !!! The breakfast was good lots of choices and cooked to order omelets . Lots of restuarants in the area . ( Chilis in same Parking lot ) overall you will enjoy your stay !!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stopped here on the way back to LI after tubing at Woodbury Ski Area. The price could not be beat! The rooms and the hotel were beautiful. Just bring your own toiletries because the little bottle of conditioner they give you is not good for your hair. But with the money we saved, we could buy our own conditioner. The buffet breakfast had tons of delicious choices.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stay at this property a few times a month for the past year as part of my business. The hotel is excellent! From the moment you check in to the time you leave the staff is very friendly. The rooms are great for business use and are very spacious. I have never eaten there but do frequent the close restaurants on Bridgeport ave(some are in walking distance). The only negative I have in my last few visits is that the hotel is not getting cleaned as it should. Public areas have trash cans overflowing, floors that need cleaning and the room I was in last time was not cleaned as it should have been. This has been true on a few of my recent visits. I have informed the front desk so hopefully they will correct it. I will continue to stay here and recommend this hotel to anybody in the Shelton area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank travelerUSA21
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband, 3 small children and I stayed for 2 nights in a king studio with sofa bed. It was plenty roomy for all 5 of us ( brought a pack n play for my 3 yr old to use). We were very happy with the stay overall - nice indoor pool and a nice bar area that also served food after 4:30 pm. The free breakfast buffet was busy but the staff kept it well stocked and clean. Plenty of tables as well. The room could have been a bit cleaner but it was clean where it counted - like in the bathroom, kitchenette and bed / sofa bed. We would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Room is really nicely decorated. Staff really kind. I loved the couches in the room. Didnt go to the bar but it looked like it had a nice atmosphere. Bathroom was clean and had many toiletries available. Definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here before, during and after SANDY. Never lost power, continued to have great breakfast buffet with extensive selection. Most important, they extended our stay for two nights when all bridges and tunnels were closed in and round NYC . They charged a little more, but were not outrageous and took advantage of the situation even that they were booked out.

We would stay here again, hotel is pretty new and vey clean. It also has an underground parking garage - great bonus during a hurricane!

Room Tip: We had top floor, bright rooms and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt House in Shelton, CT to attend a wedding in the area. We enjoyed the spaciousness of the room. The staff was very helpful during the whole weekend. They recommended Biagio's Osteria for dinner and it was outstanding. They arranged for transportation to the restaurant so we were all able to have a drink and relax.

After the wedding, a large group of us including the bride and groom were able to continue the party at the bar. Some people ordered chicken wings which they did enjoy. Others could keep up with the Penn State/ Ohio game so they were happy. The children got to swim in the pool. This hotel had something for everyone to enjoy. The breakfast at the Hyatt was awesome and complimentary. Having breakfast together was a nice way of saying our good-byes after a happy event. I had an omelet made just they way I liked. The staff was wonderful to all of us.

The availability of two major restaurants in a very, very, short walking distance is a plus too. You don't even need to go near the street since the restaurants are in the same complex of buildings.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Hilton Garden Inn Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to HYATT house Shelton? Share your experiences!